OT: Pittsburgh sports hierarchy

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
My opinion: I get nothing on the Pirates unless I myself reach out for it. That's not to say I don't see the occasional Pirate hat/T-shirt around, but the talk is nil.

The Steelers will always be there, and I still here about the Pens even through the turmoils of the last 5/6 seasons to now.

Ziggyjoe21

Nov 12, 2003
Pitt
The expectations are there. And they've still done better the last three years than the penguins.

Is this a joke? Or are you delusional?

In baseball 4 teams make the playoffs per conference, including every division winner. So let's use baseball criteria to judge Pens vs Pirates success past 3 years.

In the past 3 years:

Penguins have 2 division winners. 3 playoff series winners.
Pirates have 0 division winners and 0 playoff series winners.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
And the nhl has a hilariously over the top level of parity, not to mention silly crap like loser points. And those division wins for the pens are about as significant as all of the southeast division banners the capitals have.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
And the nhl has a hilariously over the top level of parity, not to mention silly crap like loser points. And those division wins for the pens are about as significant as all of the southeast division banners the capitals have.

You've still have yet to explain how that means the Pirates have done better than the Penguins over the last three years.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Haha.....was there any doubt that was going to turn into a pissing contest???

My sport can beat up your sport.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Pirates need to actually do something in the postseason though. Pens lose in the 2nd round and they fire their coach and GM. Pirates could lose for the third straight year in the wild card and they'll still be looked at as having great potential.

The Pens won a Cup in their third postseason appearance with their core.

I agree with you on the Pirates needing to do something more, i'v been saying that all year.

I was just pointing out that when the Pens start to struggle they wouldn't get much support from the city, it will be all about the Steelers and Pirates.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad