Pre-Game Talk: Pittsburgh - So we can forget about the last one.

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
I hope 7th round pick doesnt play for Pittsburgh. After being recently traded, he'll play like a beast with a chip on his shoulder against us. When he was part of the Jets, he pretty much didn't even exist.

bigplay41*

May 5, 2010
Winnipeg
I hope 7th round pick doesnt play for Pittsburgh. After being recently traded, he'll play like a beast with a chip on his shoulder against us. When he was part of the Jets, he pretty much didn't even exist.

haha i doubt that 7th round pick will even know the draft pick Pittsburgh used on him was with our draft pick.

darksociety

Apr 6, 2011
Winnipeg
I predict numerous J turns upon entry into the zone, thereby solidifying the Jets candidacy for this years' newly minted Kerrigan award.

Che vy Teemuchuk

May 31, 2011
John Labatt Centre
I hope the MTS Centre crowd brings some extra love for that puke Cooke on Friday. I don't buy the intent to injure Karlsson argument, but Cooke deserves any hate he gets for his career's worth of handi-work. I watched the injury live tonight and I've kept replaying Evander's one-punch Youtube video non-stop since. hahaha.

peg

Jul 8, 2010
Illegal Curve Hockey ‏@IllegalCurve
Bogosian on the ice, paired up w/Ron Hainsey. Buff/Enstrom, Bogo/Hainsey, Stuart/Redmond, Postma/Clitsome. Looking good for Fri for Bogo.

castle

Dec 2, 2011
Australia
I hope the MTS Centre crowd brings some extra love for that puke Cooke on Friday. I don't buy the intent to injure Karlsson argument, but Cooke deserves any hate he gets for his career's worth of handi-work. I watched the injury live tonight and I've kept replaying Evander's one-punch Youtube video non-stop since. hahaha.

I do. but I'm probably biased here. Even at game speed I still think that (only because he's Cooke) he knew what he was doing. I don't believe he thought he'd sever an Achilles, though... so he's likely being honest when he says he 'obviously' didn't mean to do that.

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
I do. but I'm probably biased here. Even at game speed I still think that (only because he's Cooke) he knew what he was doing. I don't believe he thought he'd sever an Achilles, though... so he's likely being honest when he says he 'obviously' didn't mean to do that.

I don't know how anyone can conclude that the Cooke hit was dirty, considering that his head was turned in the complete opposite direction and he was trying to track the puck.

If Neil did this to Crosby, Sens management and fans would all be defending Chris Neil and they would be right to defend him.

Tintin's Ghost

May 28, 2007
Saskatoon
[mod]

Cooke has a history of...well, this...

(copied from Sens board post by guyzeur)
During Cooke's career he always injured accidentally or not star players. It's just one more on his list.

http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks...tt-cooke-hits/

02/13/13 – cuts Erik Karlsson’s achilles
12/21/2010 – elbows Keith Yandle in the head
12/28/2010 – elbows Evander Kane in the head
12/28/2010 - Lecavalier
03/07/10 – elbows Marc Savard in the head
11/26/10 – drives Erik Karlsson’s head into the boards
02/06/10 – cross-checks Andrei Markov in the back from behind
11/29/08 – blind-sides Zach Parise into the bench
06/02/09 – tries to decapitate Chris Osgood with his skate
05/18/09 – knee-on-knee hit on Erik Cole
02/06/11 – knee-on-knee hit on Alex Ovechkin
3/16/09 – knee-on-knee hit on Zach Bogosian
02/04/11 – cheap-shots Steve Montador
11/28/2009 – elbows Artem Anisimov in the head
02/16/08 – drives Mathieu Roy’s head into the boards
02/08/11 – boards Fedor Tyutin who has his back turned

That is a lot of very good to star-caliber players that have been "unintentionally" injured or ran by Cooke. NHL needs to manage its assets. One Matt Cooke is worth all these other players? Of course not.

No Jets are simply going to target Cooke b/c of what he did to a Sens player but I would love to see it. Definitely my heart doing the talking.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tintin's Ghost

May 28, 2007
Saskatoon

Don't recall if it was here or Twitter but I like the suggestion that Kane's YMCMB haricut really stands for "Yeah Matt Cooke's My *****"

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Pre-game Jets Audio

Coach-Noel-at-practice1-300x193.jpg

Coach Noel – Andrew Ladd had a maintenance day. Zach Bogosian will be a game time decision but looks ready to go. Montoya is probably week-to-week. Miettinen remains week-to-week. Tangradi addition. What would keep him from putting Bogosian into the lineup? If he plays, what would he expect? Talk about Pasquale. Evander Kane talk regarding The Hockey News article. Where does his team stand at the 1/4 pole of the season? Having patience. Striving for success. Playing the right way.

To listen click here.

Eddie-Pasquale-300x177.jpg

Eddie Pasquale – His thoughts on the opportunity. What was he doing when he got ‘the call’. What was his reaction? Talking about the season down on The Rock. His development this season. Being pushed by his fellow goalies. How has Rick St. Croix helped him? Is he ready for the NHL? Which other guys does he look to? Which parts of his game have improved? Any indication as to how long he will be sticking around?

Zach Bogosian – Has he gotten the go ahead for tomorrow? If it was his decision what would it be? Comfort playing with Hainsey? Getting his timing back. Has he had any set back days? When did he resume taking slap shots?

To listen click here.

peg

Jul 8, 2010
At the game tomorrow we should cheer every time Tangradi touches the puck and boo every time that Glass does. Remember Glass didn't like out crowd chants last year. Love the guy but he can take a little ribbing.

Only thing is, with those two we probably won't be doing much cheering or booing. :sarcasm:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I think Kane's gonna be ready for this one, he got a new haircut, sweeeet.
mcgktfopng.png

What does GKTFO mean?...... GTFO I think I can grasp but the "k" = ? Hope it's not Get Kane The F Out ?....:sarcasm:

Last edited:

TroubaFan1

Jul 21, 2011
Winnipeg
If Bogo is in tomorrow night, who comes out Postma or Redmond? My guess is that Postma will come out.

Toby-Buff
Hainsey-Bogo
Stuart-Redmond

TroubaFan1

Jul 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Those were the lines today, with Clitsome-Postma as the 4th pairing.

That just seems to be the smartest way to go right now. Postma will get more games and playing time as the season goes on, but lets all hope that is the last time we see Clitsome in a Jets uniform.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
If Bogo is in tomorrow night, who comes out Postma or Redmond? My guess is that Postma will come out.

Toby-Buff
Hainsey-Bogo
Stuart-Redmond

Based on play so far this year that should be the pairings. I'll be there tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to seeing Bogo back in the lineup.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
I think Kane's gonna be ready for this one, he got a new haircut, sweeeet.
mcgktfopng.png

BAHAHAHAHA!

Got knocked the **** out!

Who is he playing tomorrow?

edit : Is that a shop? Where did you get it?

edit 2 : Yes it's a shop, but still brilliant.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad