Pre-Game Talk: Pittsburgh - So we can forget about the last one.

Blackie Dammit

proud flatlander
Jun 27, 2011
Interlake
sweet, lets all forgive and forget. Valentines Day is tomorrow.

I'll be watching the PIT - OTT game tonight to see what we're up against on Friday. The 4 game look ahead is an ugly one, I for one am not looking forward to it.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Great Idea! ;)

Have to think that the coaching staff needs to utilize the next two days with some quality practices. The PP could use some work (IMO), as well as continued practice on using more pressure on the PK.

It would be nice to see some work on getting the puck in the offensive zone (either through dumping it in, or carrying it over the line), but then not looking to the D as the primary option all the time. It's nice that we are leading the league in points from the D, but we're also going to need to generate goals from around the net and in the slot from the forwards.

Or maybe just an entire practice on breakouts so everyone can work on actually making and receiving passes, and then another entire practice practicing board battles.

Haven't heard anything official, but all signs point to Bogo on Friday correct? Thoughts on 5-6? Stuart and ? Does Peluso get another start? Where is Mittens?

Ulf Hullberg

Nov 6, 2011
Winnipeg
Hopefully getting Bogo back in the lineup is enough to lift the Jets to an upset win over the Pens. Overall the D should be even stronger! And, with Bogo's puck rushing ability and his bombs from the point could produce the offensive remedy the forwards are desperately seeking.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
So what is Bylsma going to come up with to counter our neutral zone trapping? I'm guessing they're going to take their time coming out of their zone. You'll see a full swing behind the net with speed, and 3-4 guys supporting.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Not to be a downer but I just looked at our schedule and I can only see 2 wins out of our next 8.

Ah, I'll stick with Contrarian theory on the Jets. They've been so unpredictable this year I don't know what to think about the opponents. Sure the rest of February looks really bad, no argument there but I'm going with 4-4 instead of 2-6? Only reason is because I have no idea who will show up when.

I think the Jets have had some bad luck in games as well as playing poorly at inopportune times. The puck has to start going in for Kane/Wheeler/Jokinen at some point. Defense should shore itself up and be quite productive once Bogo is back and Buff gets his legs.

Just don't ask me to predict the four wins because I'll just be wrong as it seems to have been thus far this year. Expect them to win and they lose; write them off ahead of time and they're suddenly a tight unit winning in a shutout. :help:

Back in the Bigs

and lovin' it !!
Oct 17, 2006
we're 3 points out of 8th and 2 points out of 15th

man, we better find a way to win half of the remaining 8 February games so we continue to at least be remotely in playoff contention....

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
My predictions,

kane bounces the puck off the boards to get into the zone 10+ times. He also has the most ozone time of all forwards, another 6 shots on net, a goal and an assist. He is still ridiculed for having "no hockey sense" even though his asset comes on a beautiful cross crease pass for the tip in.

Wheeler has another two point night, could have had three but on 4 seperate occasions the reciever in the slot shoots it wide of the net.

They are both blamed for the 5-4 loss while pavelec is hailed for his great game because of one ridiculous recovery save.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Please Jets, just win.

Will be great to have Bogosian back if he plays. Couldn't be a better time to get a healthy team here for a couple games before we hit 9 of 11 on the road. Which scares the crap out of me because if we don't smarten up, goodbye playoffs.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I'm starting to come to the realization this team is decidedly... average.

We will most likely end up .500 this year and miss the playoffs. The guys on our team that need to make a difference can't seem to get it done with enough consistency.

You see a guy like Anderson in Ottawa, putting the team on his back. We just don't have that. Pavelec makes me sad. I expected much more from him this year. I know it's only a quarter of the way through, but I just don't have any confidence in him, and I don't think the team does either.

Having said all that, the Jets will win Friday and I will be planning the parade :laugh:

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind

We will most likely end up .500 this year and miss the playoffs. The guys on our team that need to make a difference can't seem to get it done with enough consistency.

I said the same thing at the beginning of the season...
When everyone was bent out of shape about how we were picked 14th in the east.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005

You see a guy like Anderson in Ottawa, putting the team on his back. We just don't have that. Pavelec makes me sad. I expected much more from him this year. I know it's only a quarter of the way through, but I just don't have any confidence in him, and I don't think the team does either.

Having said all that, the Jets will win Friday and I will be planning the parade :laugh:

I have a feeling you're right, Jet. I had hoped this team was going to be a 7-8 playoff team, but truth be told I am still reminded far too much of last years team, efforts and results.

Perhaps, in black and white, we're just not good enough. I don't think we're far off, but to me we need a horse up the middle, a real #1 center, a Ryan Getzlaf, in my opinion. Of course 29 other teams could use him too, but my main catch is I think if we just had an elite talent to pull the weight game to game, we've got the makings of an excellent supporting cast as it is. But, truth be told, I don't think they're good enough as a group to get the results needed.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
I have a feeling you're right, Jet. I had hoped this team was going to be a 7-8 playoff team, but truth be told I am still reminded far too much of last years team, efforts and results.

Perhaps, in black and white, we're just not good enough. I don't think we're far off, but to me we need a horse up the middle, a real #1 center, a Ryan Getzlaf, in my opinion. Of course 29 other teams could use him too, but my main catch is I think if we just had an elite talent to pull the weight game to game, we've got the makings of an excellent supporting cast as it is. But, truth be told, I don't think they're good enough as a group to get the results needed.

What? Getzlaf has never scored more than 25 goals in any season. 11 goals last year. He's a glorified third-liner. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad