Pittsburgh/Philadelphia Stadium series jerseys leaked

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Stadium series jerseys leaked:

Dx4FpbxVsAAzyvT.png

Not a big fan at all. Looks cheap.
---
Why not bring back this logo for once? Lemieux, Francis, Jagr, Kovalev and Straka played their prime in this jersey. Its sure nostalgic and has the current yelow color.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
(The fact that he owned a Milan Kraft Robopengiun jersey- a gift from his non-English speaking grandparents- only reinforced the fact that Handshake was correct.)

dead.gif

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
A Kraft robopen is like the pinnacle of ironic hipster Pendom.

You'd get a pretty penny for that thing.

...if you aren't sentimental.

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
The only thing the Robopenguin has going for it is I could sketch a reasonable facsimile of it all over every surface throughout elementary and middle school. The Skating Penguin is a little too intricate to copy, but it's superior in every other way. Legendary logo

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
A Kraft robopen is like the pinnacle of ironic hipster Pendom.

You'd get a pretty penny for that thing.

...if you aren't sentimental.

No way. :laugh: My grandfather got it for me shortly before he passed. I like think he liked Kraft because he was a weird beer-drinking Slovak, and Kraft is from Plzen, home of the best lager in the world. :laugh:

Reactions: EightyOne

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Imagine Sid wearing the robopenguin. Yessss.

ThickLinearAlaskankleekai-size_restricted.gif

f*** the Robopen and everything it stands for.

Why not bring back this logo for once? Lemieux, Francis, Jagr, Kovalev and Straka played their prime in this jersey. Its sure nostalgic and has the current yelow color.

Because they're the worst regular jerseys worn in the NHL since the Vancouver Vs.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I really don't get the nostalgia for the Robopen either. Can someone refresh my memory how many Cups we won with that monstrosity?

Various skating pens failed for decades.

I don't want to use success/failure as basis for liking uniforms.

The robo was just not needed. It's a fine enough like shoulder patch or alternate branding. But not good as a main logo. And those away ones with differing striping/fading that met in the back poorly on some numbers.

It's just the worst of the 90s and I love a lot from that time.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I really don't get the nostalgia for the Robopen either. Can someone refresh my memory how many Cups we won with that monstrosity?
If all that happened during the robo-Penguin logo was we didn't win any cups that'd be one thing, but then there's the very public financial difficulties and the general downward trend from Cup contender, to playoff contender, to AHL squad in an NHL jersey in a crumbling arena.

It's just not a great logo / jersey scheme either.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
If all that happened during the robo-Penguin logo was we didn't win any cups that'd be one thing, but then there's the very public financial difficulties and the general downward trend from Cup contender, to playoff contender, to AHL squad in an NHL jersey in a crumbling arena.

It's just not a great logo / jersey scheme either.

I wasn't going to even get into that, but yeah. I think a lot of us associate that damned thing with Howard Baldwin, dying alive, and the relocation blues.

You know how people used to wig out every time the Pens wore the baby blues because of that stupid Winter Classic almost a decade ago? Heaven help yinz if they pull out the Robopube for an alternate in the near future..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad