Pittsburgh/Philadelphia Stadium series jerseys leaked

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
It's just the worst of the 90s and I love a lot from that time.

I get 90s nostalgia too, but man, can't we have it for Jon Spencer and the smooth stylings of Luniz?

TimelyCommonLamb-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: EightyOne

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
The Pens won back-to-back cups, and then Baldwin changed the logo to cash in when we iced the best line-up perhaps in Pen's history. I've never liked the Robopenguin. Ever. Let it die...................with Florida's plastic rats..........
Forever burned into our brains
iu

Reactions: gopens66

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
The Pens won back-to-back cups, and then Baldwin changed the logo to cash in when we iced the best line-up perhaps in Pen's history. I've never liked the Robopenguin. Ever. Let it die...................with Florida's plastic rats..........

That’s because he was cash strapped. However I do think that logo was cursed.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I totally understand why people don’t like it but I kind of dig it. It reminds me of the Steelers color rush jersey. I’ll reserve judgment until I see it on a player with the full ensemble.

I must have terrible taste in jerseys, but honestly, the 2011 winter classic was my favorite jersey in years. (I know it is cursed)

I would have tweaked it so there were 2 or 3 light blue lines instead of 5 and this jersey would be amazing.

upload_2019-1-30_23-2-33.jpeg

It would also look good in black and gold.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Now hold on... I'm not a fan of these jerseys either (other than nostalgia reasons), but the worst jerseys ever worn? I don't know about that. If we're counting Alternate jerseys these don't even scratch the surface of the worst jerseys ever worn.

Lopsided sleeves, the horribly awkward transition in the back for every jersey number aside from '1', the excessive use of gradients, that horrible yoke, the heavy reliance on a color not found anywhere in the color scheme (gray), and the shittiest 90s logo ever designed...there is absolutely no part of that jersey that I find remotely acceptable. It fails every single aspect of whatever rubric it is that I judge jerseys by.

f*** that jersey, f*** nostalgia for bad memories, and f*** Howard Baldwin for all eternity.

I really try to not be such a negative person anymore, but my abject disdain for that jersey will always remind me how to hate again.

Anyway...when I said regular jersey I meant main jersey, disqualifying alternates that would never be promoted to primary jerseys as this one was.

Last edited:
Reactions: EightyOne

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad