GDT: Pittsburgh Penguins @ Your Baby New Jersey Devils, 7 PM, MSG+2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
I agree with all your points. Handling our own mistakes is one thing... But the other stuff...

The icing call was so egregious. It wasnt one of those "close ones". He was literally a full position ahead AT LEAST

I was afraid they were going to call that icing when Wood initially skated toward the wrong side of the net. The way bratt dumped it, it looked like the puck should have stayed on that side and kicked straight back out, but somehow it didn’t and went around behind the net, so Wood had to adjust.

of course, he did. He adjusted and still beat the defender to both the imaginary line and the puck, but I suspected they would whistle it anyway because it looked weird.

It wouldn’t actually bother me except the timing was just horrible, right after they gave up that bad opening goal, to have a bad break like that just sucks.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I was afraid they were going to call that icing when Wood initially skated toward the wrong side of the net. The way bratt dumped it, it looked like the puck should have stayed on that side and kicked straight back out, but somehow it didn’t and went around behind the net, so Wood had to adjust.

of course, he did. He adjusted and still beat the defender to both the imaginary line and the puck, but I suspected they would whistle it anyway because it looked weird.

It wouldn’t actually bother me except the timing was just horrible, right after they gave up that bad opening goal, to have a bad break like that just sucks.
Wasn't there a Pitt player behind the goal line? Wood would have beaten him to the puck as well, but the Pitt player was in deeper, if I remember right.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ

But they still could've recognized their mistake and moved it to center.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Complaining about the refs has to be the weakest excuse in the book. We had a break go our way against Buffalo on the GWG where the ref interfered with the puck.

Those breaks will even out at seasons end. Man up and stop the opposition from whatever situation they created.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Complaining about the refs has to be the weakest excuse in the book.
especially on an icing. Bad call? Sure, but a d-zone faceoff should not be an insurmountable situation.

And we got an disallowed goal turned into an allowed goal. So yeah, I'm not into bitching about refs.

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
especially on an icing. Bad call? Sure, but a d-zone faceoff should not be an insurmountable situation.

And we got an disallowed goal turned into an allowed goal. So yeah, I'm not into bitching about refs.
Lol a puck bouncing off a ref is entirely different then a goal that shouldn't count + a PP that leads to another goal. Shit like this happens consistently to the Devils, its not a one off it's old reliable.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Boqvist has impressed me this week or two. He's looking much more comfortable. He belongs in the league. I like his size and his skating, his hands and the fluid way he handles the puck. He has good vision. If we are looking for heavier players he has size and reach. He's young but a very welcome development.

Meanwhile I hope Zacha is okay. Anyone know why he left the game? He's having such a nice year, it would be good if he got to finish it without missing significant time.
Yah sire.... so sorry about zacha y'all. He's been such a fool for this game this season. I love his gezame. Does anybody know anythang is he aaaight or what happened=? When will he be back?

Camille the Eel

He's going to be a player, sad last season was basically wasted for him.
We have some interesting options, going forward, he and Maltsev for example have similarities with Boqvist having more natural facility with the puck and being more of natural center iceman, McLeod is also a center carving out a different role for himself (more the first man in on a forecheck), Bastian while more of a wing has the wing-span of the first two . . . It's what's maybe going to be called a future "embarrassment or riches."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland