GDT: Pittsburgh Penguins vs Montreal Canadiens- 1/10/15 7:00pm EST CBC,TVA (HD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
We meet again!

460998708_slide.jpg

:pens vs :habs

Game Date: 1/10/15
Game Time: 7:00pm EST
TV Networks: CBC, TVA (HD)
Radio: TSN 690

Starting Goalies

:habs

Carey Price

canadiens_penguins_hockey.jpg

Record: 22-10-1 SV% .927 GAA 2.20 SO-2

:pens

Marc-André Fleury

marc-andre-fleury-nhl-stanley-cup-playoffs-pittsburgh-penguins-columbus-blue-jackets1-590x900.jpg

Record: 20-7-4 SV% .925% GAA 2.20 SO-6

Starting Lineups

Max Pacioretty-Alex Galchenyuk- Brendan Gallagher
David Desharnais-Tomas Plekanec-Dale Weise
Brandon Prust-Lars Eller-Jiri Sekac
Michael Bournival-Sven Andrighetto-Christian Thomas

Andrei Markov-P.K. Subban
Nathan Beaulieu-Sergei Gonchar
Alexei Emelin-Tom Gilbert

Carey Price
Dustin Tokarski

Perron-Crosby-Downie
Spaling-Malkin-Bennett
Kunitz-Sutter-Rust
Ebbett-Goc-Adams

Ehrhoff-Letang
Martin-Bortuzzo
Scuderi-Despres

Fleury
Greiss

Last Games

Go :habs Go

Last edited:

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
First game this season on CBC on Saturday.

Listen to the team talk about the Pens all night.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
So Thomas was just called up fro insurance and probably won't draw in tomorrow? Seems weird to call up a prospect when we have so much time in between games, you'd think he would be better served playing in Hamilton. Unless the coaches actually think practicing with the big boys will give him a little boost + they can evaluate him. It would be nice to see him play on Plekanec's RW for a game or two. I would think he is pretty much at the point where he has to make the team or be cut loose.

But I'm sure all this has been covered in the Thomas thread.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
Man they barely played in the last month. Feels like there's a week and a half between each game.

Weber's Better
Jul 7, 2008
Always love playing the Pens. Crosby and Malkin are as good as it gets for watching enjoyment.

Pens injury list has shrunk in half and it's still out of control, every year it seems like they're one of the most injured teams in the league

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Always love playing the Pens. Crosby and Malkin are as good as it gets for watching enjoyment.

Pens injury list has shrunk in half and it's still out of control, every year it seems like they're one of the most injured teams in the league

Yeah.... we must be doing something wrong. Conversely the Rangers must be doing something right, as they're always among the least wounded.

Anyway, been to the Bell Center once, many moons ago, and it (as Montreal in general) was an awesome experience.

Looking forward to the game.

NB: OP, most likely you need to replace Rust with Bennett, as Johnston finally gave us what HF Penguin Nation has been waiting for, putting him with Geno.
Paul Martin is back from injury, so there's likely no Harrington.

...and we hope against hope that Ebbett and Nosferatu (Adams) will not be seen or heard from.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Yeah.... we must be doing something wrong. Conversely the Rangers must be doing something right, as they're always among the least wounded.

Anyway, been to the Bell Center once, many moons ago, and it (as Montreal in general) was an awesome experience.

Looking forward to the game.

NB: OP, most likely you need to replace Rust with Bennett, as Johnston finally gave us what HF Penguin Nation has been waiting for, putting him with Geno.
Paul Martin is back from injury, so there's likely no Harrington.

...and we hope against hope that Ebbett and Nosferatu (Adams) will not be seen or heard from.

Speaking about Adams, what's been going on with the guy? He fought with Malkin and then delivered a hard check to Pouliot in practice. That's not too wise of him considering he is easily replaceable.

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
Have to say that since the blatant violent attacks on Western freedoms, the fun of following the NHL has been removed. Talk of DD, MT, Kessel or any other player is all so frivolous and hard to take seriously.

SakuSauce

Drive for 25
Dec 2, 2006
Montréal
It looks like Thomas is in and Malhotra will likely be the odd man out.

Hopefully that would be the case. Would be intriguing to see a Bournival-Ghetto-Thomas line. Reminds me of the year we called up Desharnais, White and someone that I can't remember (maybe Trotter) and they had a great game...and it was also vs the Pens if I remember correctly.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
I feel like Montreal will annihilate Pittsburgh tonight. 6 goals incoming, start all your Habs players in your hockey pools, it's a celebration!!!!!

SuuR5O2.gif

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Hopefully that would be the case. Would be intriguing to see a Bournival-Ghetto-Thomas line. Reminds me of the year we called up Desharnais, White and someone that I can't remember (maybe Trotter) and they had a great game...and it was also vs the Pens if I remember correctly.

That would be the softest 4th line the NHL has ever seen.:laugh:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Wife and I are going to PJs Pub -- anyone in the 'hood is welcome to come by and say hi. It'll be the first game in awhile I'll be watching from the beginning.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Wife and I are going to PJs Pub -- anyone in the 'hood is welcome to come by and say hi. It'll be the first game in awhile I'll be watching from the beginning.

Thanks, but I don't think I'll be able to make it :laugh:

Have fun!

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Thanks, but I don't think I'll be able to make it :laugh:

Have fun!

I'm just psyched to finally be able to watch a game! I've missed part or all of the last 8 or 9 games because of vacation and social plans with non-fans, having to sneak peeks at my phone or the TV at the bar to catch a moment or two. Tonight is all about group yelling.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Too bad the Pens aren't healthy, would love to see the Habs go toe to toe with their best. Here's to a good game!

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
My wife is from Pittsburg! She shut me off after the last game and is currently sharpening a pair of scissors!

Can we space these games between the Habs and Pens further? I didn't even mention the game to her, but what did she just say? "you know who's playing tonight... right?"

GO HABS GO

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
If you would have told me at the start of the season that Therrien would opt for a trio of Bournival/Ghetto/Thomas over a seasoned vet like Malhotra, I would have thought you've lost your mind.

Our forward groups seems to be getting younger by the day, and as much as I do like the youth movement, realistically we are not going in the playoffs with those three youngsters on our 4th line. I guess Bergevin is going to have to work some of his magic before the trade deadline.

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows
If you would have told me at the start of the season that Therrien would opt for a trio of Bournival/Ghetto/Thomas over a seasoned vet like Malhotra, I would have thought you've lost your mind.

Our forward groups seems to be getting younger by the day, and as much as I do like the youth movement, realistically we are not going in the playoffs with those three youngsters on our 4th line. I guess Bergevin is going to have to work some of his magic before the trade deadline.

Would you really want to go into playoffs with 4 players under 5,10?

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
Would you really want to go into playoffs with 4 players under 5,10?

I value skill over size but yeah, that would be tough for us to overcome. I think Malhotra is a lock for that 4th line centre spot in the playoffs, and I think Bournival ultimately replaces Prust on that 3rd line. A 4th line of Weise-Malhotra-Prust is a strong 4th line, only thing we'd really need is another top 6 winger to solidify our forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad