GDT: Pittsburgh Penguins v Winnipeg Jets|7:00PM @ Consol|Part Two

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
I think Jay Caufield was screaming with excitement over the Iginla trade last night a little too much.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
This may be the best game we've played all season.

This team is so good. And handsome.

Tyler+Kennedy+6VUM8jEARpvm.jpg

Lies.

Xavier Laflamme*

Vokoun has got to be so pumped right now. Never has he played on a team with so much talent and now with the moves we just made...he must think he's in hockey heaven. He ok'd the trade to come here for the opportunity to win a cup. Not only is he getting that but he's also playing a significant part in helping achieve that. One of the best backups in the league as he's essentially still a starting goaltender. Such a luxury.

StoneColdFlower*

:naughty:
that was a point streak. they lost 3 times in OT/SO during that span

We have the winning streak at 17 in 92-93. Philly (BOO!) has an untouchable point streak at 35.

The Cardiff Devils of the British "Super" League have the world record for "professional" teams with a 21 game winning streak, if my professional you mean people not good enough to play in the NHL, AHL, KHL, SEL, Finland, Germany, Switzerland, Czechia, Slovakia, Austria, or France, but for some reason still think they deserve to make money playing hockey.

PensFan68

May 6, 2003
Pittsburgh
Visit site
:naughty:

We have the winning streak at 17 in 92-93. Philly (BOO!) has an untouchable point streak at 35.

The Cardiff Devils of the British "Super" League have the world record for "professional" teams with a 21 game winning streak, if my professional you mean people not good enough to play in the NHL, AHL, KHL, SEL, Finland, Germany, Switzerland, Czechia, Slovakia, Austria, or France, but for some reason still think they deserve to make money playing hockey.

I don't want to break that record. Want nothing to remind me of 92/93. The best team we had (including cup years) and we choke in the playoffs.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I'm curious if Shero is done with this deadline? I for some reason don't think he is...especially if a player like Jordan Leopold can be had, or if a **** stirring bottom 6'er can be had.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Vokoun has got to be so pumped right now. Never has he played on a team with so much talent and now with the moves we just made...he must think he's in hockey heaven. He ok'd the trade to come here for the opportunity to win a cup. Not only is he getting that but he's also playing a significant part in helping achieve that. One of the best backups in the league as he's essentially still a starting goaltender. Such a luxury.

He seemed genuinely happy at the end of the game.

The fact the guy has to be a backup in this league right now (and worse, the last 2 years), is completely baffling to me. He went from being able to backstop a horrendous Florida team to being good for only 20 games a season.

sniugneP

Jun 28, 2008
He seemed genuinely happy at the end of the game.

The fact the guy has to be a backup in this league right now (and worse, the last 2 years), is completely baffling to me. He went from being able to backstop a horrendous Florida team to being good for only 20 games a season.

He had been on bad teams for so long. I don't blame him wanting to be on good team as backup.

PensFan68

May 6, 2003
Pittsburgh
Visit site
I'm curious if Shero is done with this deadline? I for some reason don't think he is...especially if a player like Jordan Leopold can be had, or if a **** stirring bottom 6'er can be had.

I really don't think he's done. I'm not saying he's brining a big name in, but wouldn't be surprised to see a bottom 6 upgrade/depth dman and/or a move of a roster player or two for picks.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I really don't think he's done. I'm not saying he's brining a big name in, but wouldn't be surprised to see a bottom 6 upgrade/depth dman and/or a move of a roster player or two for picks.

I have thought about that as some guys are clearly on the outs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad