GDT: Pittsburgh Penguins v Edmonton Oilers | 7pm 15/10/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

vdt

Dec 26, 2010
Winston-Salem, NC
Crosby 3A, Kunitz 1G, Dupuis 1G. Bylsma's face is gong to be unbearable.

erreytele.jpg

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Embarrassing win...this is the OILERS! we made them look WAY better then they really are. This team is NEVER going to change.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Overall, the 3rd period was good.
They got pucks deep and got to them.
A little trouble still getting out of our zone but they just have to work on it.

MAF kept us in this one in the second period.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Overall, the 3rd period was good.
They got pucks deep and got to them.
A little trouble still getting out of our zone but they just have to work on it.

MAF kept us in this one in the second period.

Third period wasn't that good. Relative to the 2nd, sure, but I see the same team as last year. Talent will win most games against the bottom feeders. We'll do well enough in the regular season against the good teams. Win the **** division. From there . . . all I see is another case where the past is prologue.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
Since Crosby entered the league the Pens may have the fewest short handed goals in nhl history.

Staal use to rack them up pretty often. I can't imagine having Glass & Adams out there is going to produce a lot of SH goals. It's hard enough 5 on 5 while playing with Sid & Geno a lot of the time.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Third period wasn't that good. Relative to the 2nd, sure, but I see the same team as last year. Talent will win most games against the bottom feeders. We'll do well enough in the regular season against the good teams. Win the **** division. From there . . . all I see is another case where the past is prologue.

Gonna be a few years before change happens sadly, gotta get used to this. Hate being a downer after a win, but same exact **** every game ruins the win for me.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Edmonton has too much talent to keep getting shellacked every time out there, they played well in the 2nd & 3rd periods and LaBarbera did well to keep it a 1-0 game in the 1st.

This is pretty much the kind of game I expected. We got 2 points and it's October 15th. I know everyone expects to win every game 5-2, but we're missing Letang, Neal, and Bennett...without both Crosby (who had 3 points) and Malkin going off the chains tonight that wasn't going to happen with this line-up.

Something has to be done with that Malkin line. Been crap every game.

James Neal has played 3 minutes this year and Beau Bennett wasn't even an option tonight. The line was exactly as unproductive as one could expect a line to have a guy we literally got paid to take and a guy who made the roster as a camp invite to have.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Gonna be a few years before change happens sadly, gotta get used to this. Hate being a downer after a win, but same exact **** every game ruins the win for me.

Me too. Now, after the first three, I was ecstatic. Apparently, Jacques Martin's three game stint is over. Defensive structure is gone. Stretch or death is back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad