Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Please Stop Complaining About the Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
You realize what sport you watch / "worked for" right?
Very much so yes. That's a little bit different than discussing such matters on a forum frequented by kids though. Adult things happen, doesn't mean we have to talk about every sordid detail on a family forum.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I think he is going to be good here. His usage was just absolutely asinine in Florida.

Given his usage, the bloke scored 8 goals last year, we've never had a defenseman on the left side with his skill set in a very long time. The fact that he gives the top PP unit a different look too if they go 2 point defensemen with Letang, is pretty interesting and I am very curious how he looks there.

I bet the whiners didn't even take one look at his ice time usage last season and have this weird notion of his production based on him getting these great opportunities.

Scoring 8 goals with 0.13 PP TOI/G...yeah, 7 of those were ES. He'll be fine here.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I'm curious to see what Matheson does here, if paired with Marino I'm cautiously optimistic. The guy has a lot of tools. This could go really well or horribly bad. But I think we need to have some hope here.

Reactions: ownal

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
Given his usage, the bloke scored 8 goals last year, we've never had a defenseman on the left side with his skill set in a very long time. The fact that he gives the top PP unit a different look too if they go 2 point defensemen with Letang, is pretty interesting and I am very curious how he looks there.

I bet the whiners didn't even take one look at his ice time usage last season and have this weird notion of his production based on him getting these great opportunities.

Scoring 8 goals with 0.13 PP TOI/G...yeah, 7 of those were ES. He'll be fine here.

Yeah, but THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I don't care for violence. But if a piece of shit person swings and attacks a player and the player beats the f*** out of him, well, that's justice served by a 6'3" Russian beast.
I love Geno, and I'm not saying I don't agree with what he did (necessarily). All I'm saying is, might not be the best thing to glorify it here. That's all.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Hope so. He's got all the natural ability to be fantastic and be exactly what we've been missing.
Exactly.

He's been mostly misused his entire time in Florida because they threw the minutes at Yandle and others, so here's a player that can skate like the wind and has a bomb of a shot, but they aren't bothered with using him on the powerplay, sort of use him on the PK and he's mostly used to just be the safety blanket in the same way Marino was with JJ.

I think given better opportunities, he will succeed here, people will laugh at his contract but I sincerely think we'll be the ones laughing at the fact that we have this bloke at that cap hit.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Like seriously, since 2016, Matheson leads the Florida Panthers bluelines in ES goals with 31. He's going to be fine here and the fact that some people zero in on him as being some horrible bet that JR has hedged is f***ing ridiculous. He's removed the biggest issues we had with this roster, if anyone is legit whining about some 1yr deals, they should just go piss off to another fan base.

Reactions: ownal

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I think Zucker's a lock. More iffy on the other two. If we get two of those three, we're in good shape at forward.
I think Zucker, Guentzel, Crosby, Rust, and Malkin could hit the 20+ goal mark easily if they remain healthy, in 56 games yeah I believe that. I think Kapanen falls into the 15-20 goal range. If McCann falls in the 15-20 goal range being the fulltime 3c, I'd be fine with that too in a 56 game season.

The subtraction of JJ is just so massive on its own when you aren't throwing out an offensive black hole behind the Geno line..

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad