Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Please Stop Complaining About the Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Ceci is a 1yr deal, hardly anything to bitch about, Tanner.

Matheson is a former 1st that has shown potential but has struggled to get any traction on his development, his age is insignificant as defensemen are rarely quick to develop and take time, so even at 26-27yrs old, he's still someone that can be sorted out, his game issues are mostly fixable and he's shown willingness to fix it and you've written him off before he's stepped on the ice with the team.

He other is a journeyman depth defenseman that is going to have to fight for a spot and you've already reacted to it like he's our top pairing defender.
He is on pretty much every top 10 worst NHL contracts list. I don’t want another piece of garbage on the blue line that has negative trade value.

You dont acquire a journeyman depth dmen, as you claim he is, signed to that outrageous contract.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I don't have an issue with taking a shot at Matheson as a reclamation project. Hornqvist was never going to land us anything fantastic. If it wasn't Matheson, it would've been some other boom or bust guy.

I have issue with Matheson's contract. It's absolutely insane.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I don't have an issue with taking a shot at Matheson as a reclamation project. Hornqvist was never going to land us anything fantastic. If it wasn't Matheson, it would've been some other boom or bust guy.

I have issue with Matheson's contract. It's absolutely insane.
Exactly. No one expected a great return for Horny, but under no circumstance do you willingly take on Mike Matheson’s contract without some serious retention.

I think this will be JR’s worst decision this off season, and there are plenty to choose from.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Because we disagree with you?
The kid brings me up almost all the time. Look through his posts. He's obsessed with me. lol

He wants me banned because he's simply incapable of controlling himself.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
He is on pretty much every top 10 worst NHL contracts list. I don’t want another piece of garbage on the blue line that has negative trade value.

You dont acquire a journeyman depth dmen, as you claim he is, signed to that outrageous contract.

He's getting very similar money to another depth defenseman (Ceci & Riikola are barely making that much over each other) and Matheson on some list, oh who gives a f***. Like I stated, he has yet to play a single game for the Pens and you've already put your entire faith in some dipshit list from when he was on a shitty Panthers team. A team that literally hired a f***ing PR team of Goaltending Coach Associates to fix Bobrovsky, no less.

If after a couple of weeks Matheson sucks, you can continue whining about him and we might actually agree with you on something.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I see, so if a woman or anyone, gets in your face or mine, and we don't like it, we can beat them down.

Yep, we gotta adhere to standards round these parts. lol
Moving goalposts now aren't you.

Adams is a rat, Adams and Orpik also apparently orchestrated the whole Crosby Captaincy thing which was shot down by a lot of the players, including Malkin.

The fact that you didn't even bother to google the entire ordeal shows me you're just pushing some narrative right now and it's f***ing ridiculous, grow the f*** up. Bylsma wasn't even the coach when the fight happened, Mike Johnston was.

They were both battling in a battle drill and started slashing each other, it wasn't just Malkin jumping him unprovoked. As it's been reported, Malkin slashed him back and Adams initiated the fight. Like my Dad told me as a lad, don't start fights, but you sure as shit better finish it.

Malkin finished it.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Turnaround or not, unless Matheson shines alongside Marino (which is where he should absolutely be played), his contract is going to be an issue. Essentially $5 million AAV and around longer than any other Penguin--six years. :laugh:

I have hope he can find his game here. I don't know if I'd say I'm confident, but he's got the physical tools to be exactly what we've been missing since the last Cup and if he can excel, that'd be f***ing huuuuge. But if things don't work out, the dude is going to be absolutely reviled as a player.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The best part of the Malkin vs Adams thing is that Malkin straight up f***ed him up, had to wear a jaw protector and he was helped off the ice. You want to go into the Lion's Den and poke the Lion, you best be sure of your fighting capabilities.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Moving goalposts now aren't you.

Adams is a rat, Adams and Orpik also apparently orchestrated the whole Crosby Captaincy thing which was shot down by a lot of the players, including Malkin.

The fact that you didn't even bother to google the entire ordeal shows me you're just pushing some narrative right now and it's f***ing ridiculous, grow the f*** up. Bylsma wasn't even the coach when the fight happened, Mike Johnston was.

They were both battling in a battle drill and started slashing each other, it wasn't just Malkin jumping him unprovoked. As it's been reported, Malkin slashed him back and Adams initiated the fight. Like my Dad told me as a lad, don't start fights, but you sure as shit better finish it.

Malkin finished it.
I know quite a bit about it, no need to google it. My premise is however that if we glorify assault, regardless of the parties involved, that doesn't send a positive message to the youngsters who might frequent this site. And for the record I'm not saying I'm for or against it.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
B6YbKvAIUAADHHi.jpg_large.0.0.jpg

Reactions: Darkwing Psyduck

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
He's getting very similar money to another depth defenseman (Ceci & Riikola are barely making that much over each other) and Matheson on some list, oh who gives a f***. Like I stated, he has yet to play a single game for the Pens and you've already put your entire faith in some dipshit list from when he was on a shitty Panthers team. A team that literally hired a f***ing PR team of Goaltending Coach Associates to fix Bobrovsky, no less.

If after a couple of weeks Matheson sucks, you can continue whining about him and we might actually agree with you on something.
Fair enough. Let’s wait and see. Did you give Jack Johnson the benefit of the doubt?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I know quite a bit about it, no need to google it. My premise is however that if we glorify assault, regardless of the parties involved, that doesn't send a positive message to the youngsters who might frequent this site. And for the record I'm not saying I'm for or against it.
So you knew about the fight and then lead with the premise that Malkin jumped him unprovoked and that it was assault.

200.gif

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014

“Oh won’t somebody please think about the children!?”

What a meme.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Turnaround or not, unless Matheson shines alongside Marino (which is where he should absolutely be played), his contract is going to be an issue. Essentially $5 million AAV and around longer than any other Penguin--six years. :laugh:

I have hope he can find his game here. I don't know if I'd say I'm confident, but he's got the physical tools to be exactly what we've been missing since the last Cup and if he can excel, that'd be f***ing huuuuge. But if things don't work out, the dude is going to be absolutely reviled as a player.

I think he is going to be good here. His usage was just absolutely asinine in Florida.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Fair enough. Let’s wait and see. Did you give Jack Johnson the benefit of the doubt?
I didn't like the signing, but it was one of those we can keep whining (like you have been) or we wait to see him in a couple of games. In Johnson's case, he was a 30 yr old player that was long in the tooth with his game (had 700+ NHL games under his belt), comparing the two is beyond ridiculous and the fact that you did, should show you that you need to just move on from the topic altogether.

Reactions: Gurglesons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->