Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread - JJ and Letang drama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
This website is also the same website that was prepared to throw Murray aside for DeSmith last season, so I'm not going to feel bad about going against the grain of opinions with goaltending on here :laugh:

Everyone else has already decided that Murray can pound sand and take the first flight out of Pittsburgh, and a lot of people are putting crazy high expectations on Jarry as the next one.

I think Jarry could definitely suck, I wasn’t high on him at all before this year. But Murray has had about 3 good months of hockey since Game 6 in Nashville and if he wants to get paid and if the org thinks Jarry is legit, then it makes sense to hang on to Jarry, especially during the season.

Reactions: canadianguy77

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I think there are enough teams out there with cap space and an eye on the future to take JJ off of our hands for something like a 2nd rounder, or McCann + 3rd. I'm just not convinced this coaching staff or FO see JJ as the kind of player that warrants a payment in order to get a team to take him. That's the reason JJ is still here, imo. not because he's some unmovable albatross. Nobody in today's NHL is untradeable. He doesn't make a ton of money, and while he's arguably the worst player in the NHL, some team that doesn't expect to contend for another few years would likely be willing to take him for a payment.

SherogoesHAM

Apr 6, 2012
I mean...if two separate teams gave us a great offer on each Murray and Jarry. Vegas would probably give us extra assets to take Fleury and our window is only 2-3 years anyway. Fleury might be the surest thing out of those three for the next few years. I wouldn’t be apposed to adding a good amount of assets and bringing Flower back.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
More than anything.. we need JR out. JR/Sully needed to go. Send the message. Or make the same mistake you did w/ Shero/Bylsma.

that would be way more impactful to change the PO downward trajectory than finding another 3C and a third pair RD...lol

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
A bit dramatic, but ok.

I'm pretty much the "Be patient" fan. I believe we have a good lineup and not much needs changed. But we have 14 years of the Sid/G era? What has been the same story every time? When shit goes down hill, fire the coach and retool. It leads to goodness. For whatever reason this team cannot maintain the same coach.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
More than anything.. we need JR out. JR/Sully needed to go. Send the message. Or make the same mistake you did w/ Shero/Bylsma.
Agreed. This team's in the same situation they were when Shero/Bylsma were fired. Regular season success followed by miserable playoff outings, and a roster with piss-poor support/depth surrounding a handful of quality players.

The difference is now, the core is 33/34 as opposed to 26/27, and for some odd reason we're gambling one of two final years with Geno and Letang that this team, that's been trending south steadily for 3 years, will somehow pull a miracle 180 and fix things in time for another deep run before it's all over.

I hate that JR and Sully are still here. What a f***ing waste.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I'm pretty much the "Be patient" fan. I believe we have a good lineup and not much needs changed. But we have 14 years of the Sid/G era? What has been the same story every time? When shit goes down hill, fire the coach and retool. It leads to goodness. For whatever reason this team cannot maintain the same coach.

Ya gotta do it midseason.

Reactions: ColePens

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
aBoLvUw.gif

Reactions: ColePens

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I'd much rather we just start fresh this off-season and go from there, than wager another of the precious few seasons we've got left on a miraculous turnaround or hoping the mid-season shakeup that's worked in the past is a legitimate way of operating. The core's a lot older than when we fired Therrien or when we fired Johnston, and the GM seems to have lost any direction or purpose with regard to team construction.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I'd much rather we just start fresh this off-season and go from there, than wager another of the precious few seasons we've got left on a miraculous turnaround or hoping the mid-season shakeup that's worked in the past is a legitimate way of operating. The core's a lot older than when we fired Therrien or when we fired Johnston, and the GM seems to have lost any direction or purpose with regard to team construction.

Oh the GM should be gonezo.

But I wouldn't mind waiting on Sully.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Oh the GM should be gonezo.

But I wouldn't mind waiting on Sully.
JR is the reason JJ is still here and the roster is shit. Sully's the reason JJ plays so often, and in crucial situations, and seems to have lost the attention of the room based on how lost/lazy we look in crunch time. They both need to go, and really, should've gone last summer after the Isles series.

Reactions: canadianguy77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad