Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Please continue your bickering here.

giphy.gif

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
It's a really safe bet to say that Jarry is more likely to be traded than Murray:
I wanna make that bet. We have a Christmas now. Which goaltender stays here longer. I say Jarry stays here longer. Come on man. Real money bet. Dead serious. You dont go to the dance and you are a coward who just pumps Murray.

Come on. I would put 200 dollars on the table here. Maybe more if you want more.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChaosAgent

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
@Peat and @Riptide can attest I wanted nothing to do with signing him for more than 7-8 when he was playing well in the beginning of the year but okay.

Can confirm.

Feel like I'm probably as high on Murray as anyone here. Reckon people discount his early play too much, put too much stress on a season when his father died, and discount last season, and probably expect a bit too much consistency in general. Future is uncertain but I think looking at his history, him bouncing back and generally being solid going forwards is the odds-on option.

I also feel that Jarry supplanting him would be the most desirable option due to him costing less and looking more durable. Plus the high end puck playing ability. Not sure whether I'd bet on it but it's a distinct possibility by now. I reckon that they're close enough on talent levels that one burst of form at the right time, or injury, or mental approach, will make the difference.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Please someone respond to my post here when I offer a bet to Empo. Maybe he has me on ignore and cant respond. Or maybe he is a coward. But please. I really wanna make a real money bet here. Jarry stays here longer and I win 200 dollars. Murray stays here longer and I will send 200 dollars to Empo. Dead serious with this.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Please someone respond to my post here when I offer a bet to Empo. Maybe he has me on ignore and cant respond. Or maybe he is a coward. But please. I really wanna make a real money bet here. Jarry stays here longer and I win 200 dollars. Murray stays here longer and I will send 200 dollars to Empo. Dead serious with this.

In theory, maybe he's enjoying Christmas with his family.

Oh what the hey we're all losers here - including me :laugh:

Old Gregg

I'm Old Gregg!!
Apr 13, 2010
That's an interesting bet

Reactions: ChaosAgent

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

That's not exactly the bet I was saying, though. The bet I said was that it's way more likely Jarry gets traded than Murray gets traded, but I'm not as confident for which one will be kept long-term. I think it's way more likely that Jarry gets traded than Murray, but if it gets to the expansion draft, I think it's more likely Murray gets taken in the expansion draft than Jarry.

The bet I was more thinking of was "$200 for me if Jarry gets traded, $200 for you if Murray gets traded and nothing if either is taken in the expansion draft". Or, speaking more realistically, bragging rights for whoever wins :laugh:

In theory, maybe he's enjoying Christmas with his family.

Oh what the hey we're all losers here - including me :laugh:

Nah lol I'm just playing Planet Zoo and I'm super focused on that :laugh:

I'm not going home for Christmas until tomorrow. Can't get drunk and watch old AVGN and play Planet Zoo at home.

Reactions: Dominance

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
That's not exactly the bet I was saying, though. The bet I said was that it's way more likely Jarry gets traded than Murray gets traded, but I'm not as confident for which one will be kept long-term. I think it's way more likely that Jarry gets traded than Murray, but if it gets to the expansion draft, I think it's more likely Murray gets taken in the expansion draft than Jarry.

The bet I was more thinking of was "$200 for me if Jarry gets traded, $200 for you if Murray gets traded and nothing if either is taken in the expansion draft". Or, speaking more realistically, bragging rights for whoever wins :laugh:

Nah lol I'm just playing Planet Zoo and I'm super focused on that :laugh:

I'm not going home for Christmas until tomorrow. Can't get drunk and watch old AVGN and play Planet Zoo at home.
Hmmm you are a smart man here :D I made a trap for you and you didnt fall for it..... Your logic with trade vs expansion draft is exactly right unfortunately :D

But you said "way more likely" that Jarry gets traded first so maybe you should take this one when I offer you 50-50 odds for something similar to your "way more likely" scenario.. :D The advantage of my offer is that it has a winner no matter what :) Your offer is very likely ending in a draw...

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Hmmm you are a smart man here :D I made a trap for you and you didnt fall for it..... Your logic with trade vs expansion draft is exactly right unfortunately :D

But you said "way more likely" that Jarry gets traded first so maybe you should take this one when I offer you 50-50 odds for something similar to your "way more likely" scenario.. :D The advantage of my offer is that it has a winner no matter what :) Your offer is very likely ending in a draw...

Yeah, that's specifically why I used the word "traded" :laugh:

I do think it's way more likely that Jarry gets traded, if one gets traded. I also think it's most likely that neither of them gets moved until the expansion draft, and at that point, there's a bunch of other variables for what they'd do. If they're leaving a good player or good players unprotected, like they did in 2017, I could see them just losing Murray in the expansion draft. If they're offering crap, I think they'd trade one of them at that point. It just depends on what their situation is.

With that being said, the Penguins are in a phenomenal spot when it comes to the next expansion draft. With Marino being expansion exempt, they can comfortably go 7-3-1 and protect pretty much all of their good players. Sure, your unprotected list may be Blueger, Simon, ZAR, Lafferty and Johnson, but that's hell of a lot worse than what they left unprotected in 2017 when they had to go 4-4-1.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
:laugh:

I do think it's way more likely that Jarry gets traded, if one gets traded. I also think it's most likely that neither of them gets moved until the expansion draft, and at that point, there's a bunch of other variables for what they'd do. If they're leaving a good player or good players unprotected, like they did in 2017, I could see them just losing Murray in the expansion draft. If they're offering crap, I think they'd trade one of them at that point. It just depends on what their situation is.

With that being said, the Penguins are in a phenomenal spot when it comes to the next expansion draft. With Marino being expansion exempt, they can comfortably go 7-3-1 and protect pretty much all of their good players. Sure, your unprotected list may be Blueger, Simon, ZAR, Lafferty and Johnson, but that's hell of a lot worse than what they left unprotected in 2017 when they had to go 4-4-1.
For me the most likely scenario is that Murray goes at expansion draft and Jarry is kept longterm.. But that would end up a draw under your conditions and thats how I was confident to win my initial offer :) When it comes to who is traded first if someone is traded.... ugh thats a tough one for me. Probably nobody and they wait out this situation. But if somebody is traded thats probably a coinflip to me. So yeah.. Not thrilled with your offer :) Credit for you for identifying my trap tho. And yeah.. **** you and your Murray agenda man :laugh: You are driving me crazy :laugh:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Doubt either of Jarry or Murray is who is taken from Pitt. Likely take one of your many wingers.

We likely protect:

Crosby
Malkin
Guentzel
Rust
McCann

That leaves Hornqvist, Kahun, ZAR, etc

They'll be able to protect 7 forwards, so I think Kahun and Hornqvist will also be protected. The only exposed players will be one of Tanev/Kahun/Hornqvist, ZAR, Blueger, Lafferty, Johnson, DeSmith and whatever other goalie isn't protected.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017

I strongly disagree, if one is traded it won't be Jarry for the reasons I previously stated. MM if one is moved is the one to go.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

First and foremost on the unprotected list should be Horny...I love you man but you’re old and injured constantly...

Reactions: Pens17

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I just don’t see Rutherford doing Hornqvist like that.

He’s too sentimental then to run a business...he should thank him and either trade him or expose him to Seattle...Horny makes too much compared to his benefit...he’s had a good run here, got a couple Cups and helped the organization greatly...you don’t think the Hawks would be trading Seabrook if they could get from out of his terrible contract?....thanks for the Cups but it’s time to go...

Reactions: ownal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad