Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Cole's House of Pain

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Rutherford said he wants to make a big splash in UFA. If they don't sign one of Malkin or Letang they could easily have the money for it. I don't see why MacK does it, but who knows if Sakic tries to low ball him.

I know its hypothetical and no chance of happening, but this gives me an easy slam dunk to express my love for watching that guy play hockey. So in my dream - it would be f***ing awesome.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
giphy-downsized-large.gif

I probably should have clarified a timeline...which is well into the future. Not next season.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Rutherford said he wants to make a big splash in UFA. If they don't sign one of Malkin or Letang they could easily have the money for it. I don't see why MacK does it, but who knows if Sakic tries to low ball him.
Why would a prominent UFA wanna come here? Pittsburgh's a crap town according to many. Can't force em to come here, sorry.

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
The Pens 3rd and 4rth line problems and some problems with defense should be dealt with patiently with the draft... no more trading away draft picks..or Rutherford needs to go.. Ohh and Bob Nutting is a total disaster....

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I would want to play in a state with no income tax. There is a lot of NHL talent in those states as well.
I'd want to play somewhere that gives me the best opportunity to win a Cup. If there's a team that has all the pieces and I can be the missing piece and it's f***ing Buffalo?

So be it.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Why would a prominent UFA wanna come here? Pittsburgh's a crap town according to many. Can't force em to come here, sorry.
If you think it's because of the city that players don't sign here, you're out to lunch and don't really get it. If a player is making up excuses of wanting to live somewhere nicer or whatever, they aren't prioritizing winning and that's all they're there for.

But when you see Taylor Hall signing in Buffalo for 1yr, you wonder...he's picking a dreadful place to live for 1yr but he went there to play with Eichel to see how that would be like and see if he can be the missing piece there. You don't think players see the way the usage is in Pittsburgh and how they keep wanking off to "hurr durr, Sid likes so and so" like who gives a f*** what Sid likes? We have 1 center? I could give a f***...

Worthwhile UFA players don't sign in Pittsburgh to take those deep cuts in salary for a reason and it's not because of the city, it's never been that.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
If you think it's because of the city that players don't sign here, you're out to lunch and don't really get it. If a player is making up excuses of wanting to live somewhere nicer or whatever, they aren't prioritizing winning and that's all they're there for.

But when you see Taylor Hall signing in Buffalo for 1yr, you wonder...he's picking a dreadful place to live for 1yr but he went there to play with Eichel to see how that would be like and see if he can be the missing piece there. You don't think players see the way the usage is in Pittsburgh and how they keep wanking off to "hurr durr, Sid likes so and so" like who gives a f*** what Sid likes? We have 1 center? I could give a f***...

Worthwhile UFA players don't sign in Pittsburgh to take those deep cuts in salary for a reason and it's not because of the city, it's never been that.
Oh, I just thought that Pittsburgh is such a wretched city no one would want to come here.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
"The model doesn’t believe that time is this season. Frankly, it’s not that worried at all and ranks the Penguins as the second-best team in the East Division behind only Boston, and the sixth-best overall."

From Dom L's preview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad