Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Cole's House of Pain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
So...what do the Pens do with the spare cap? Save $$$?

Maybe they should snag Grabner! My old flame from a few years ago :heart:
I know he's probably fully washed and will miss like 20 games, but at least the PK would be fun as hell with him and Kap.

Probably league minimum or like 1 mil. Bagged 3 goals in 9 games in the playoffs :thumbu:

You don’t want to be right to the cap if you can help it. You need some for the non-LTIR injuries.

Obviously not a huge concern early on but we’ve had trouble before. 2015 I think it was and we had to play some games with 5 D men at the end of the season because we had no cap left to cover injuries.

Grabner is a dying breed in today’s league for good reason.

Reactions: Riikolas Revenge

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
You don’t want to be right to the cap if you can help it. You need some for the non-LTIR injuries.

Obviously not a huge concern early on but we’ve had trouble before. 2015 I think it was and we had to play some games with 5 D men at the end of the season because we had no cap left to cover injuries.

Grabner is a dying breed in today’s league for good reason.
True but in this tough of a division a few extra goals from the bottom 6 could be the difference in playoffs vs golfing. Being honest though, I'd just like to have him for entertainment purposes. Have zero expectations.

I'm not totally clear on the roster rules this year with the taxi squads, but won't we get some relief when Riikola, Ceci or Ruhwedel fail to make the 23-man roster? That would put us at over 2 mil in space. You could acquire Grabner for minimum and still have a little breathing room.

Lol does any rational and sane person wants JR TO HAVE f***ING SALARY CAP SPACE?

Him and JR would blown their wads on some plug.
I just proposed a plug! Fun one though :D

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
True but in this tough of a division a few extra goals from the bottom 6 could be the difference in playoffs vs golfing. Being honest though, I'd just like to have him for entertainment purposes. Have zero expectations.

I'm not totally clear on the roster rules this year with the taxi squads, but won't we get some relief when Riikola, Ceci or Ruhwedel fail to make the 23-man roster? That would put us at over 2 mil in space. You could acquire Grabner for minimum and still have a little breathing room.

I just proposed a plug! Fun one though :D

The taxi squad count as being in the AHL so a) Yes, you do get cap relief, but limited to a million b) They're still getting their full paycheque if on a one way contract.

Right now, B seems to be a bigger issue than A, so sticking them on the taxi squad solves little. I wouldn't expect the team to go spending any more money right now.

Reactions: Riikolas Revenge

The GM

Jun 7, 2012
So...what do the Pens do with the spare cap? Save $$$?

Maybe they should snag Grabner! My old flame from a few years ago :heart:
I know he's probably fully washed and will miss like 20 games, but at least the PK would be fun as hell with him and Kap.

Probably league minimum or like 1 mil. Bagged 3 goals in 9 games in the playoffs :thumbu:
The more important question is what do we do with our 2022 and 2023 first rounders. These must be burning a hole in jrs pocket by now

Reactions: KIRK

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Yeah. The issue is if he is fired it means we aren’t successful next year.

I thought his contract ended after the 2021-22 season...if so, he wouldn’t be fired and ownership likely would want the new GM to preside over the draft

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I hate you.

tenor.gif

hoping Cole misses the date of the tweet :laugh:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
We are at 48 contracts by my count but that includes Poulin & Legare, one or both will get returned to juniors and if Lindgren stays in Europe I don’t think he counts either. Maybe Zohorna gets returned to Europe too? And oh yeah Larmi & Bjorkqvist.

Gonna need some bodies on that taxi squad without severely depleting the AHL team or putting prospects on it to sit around and not play. Nolan (signed), Ruhwedel, ideally a veteran goalie and one more skater.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
We are at 48 contracts by my count but that includes Poulin & Legare, one or both will get returned to juniors and if Lindgren stays in Europe I don’t think he counts either. Maybe Zohorna gets returned to Europe too? And oh yeah Larmi & Bjorkqvist.

Gonna need some bodies on that taxi squad without severely depleting the AHL team or putting prospects on it to sit around and not play. Nolan (signed), Ruhwedel, ideally a veteran goalie and one more skater.

Capfriendly says 46 contracts - I dunno if they count Poulin & Legare.

I'd also be very surprised if Ruh spends much if any time on the taxi squad, as they are reluctant to expose him to waivers to date and it saves them no money. Not sure how much the AHL will be playing either...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad