Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
:laugh:

I've straight up quoted my Twitter on here which has my full name.

It always weirds me out that's your name. Can I interest you in legally changing your name to Randy?

Also, I can believe in Poulin being a 30 point guy in the big show very quickly. I can also believe in him being nothing, but it's very clear he's had a wild, up and down time in the AHL and as such, I don't think his numbers reflect his full talent.

I also think him making and sticking in the show relies on him finding a consistency, in his mind and play, that hasn't happened yet. Which again is part of why I believe in him exceeding his AHL numbers.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
I'd let Poulin marinate a bit in the AHL this season. Let him get his confidence back with the increased level of talent on the team.
I think it'd be fair to tell him, "Hey, come into camp and compete, but we're going to keep you in WBS until at least January. We'll put you in all situations, give you top line minutes. Work your tail off, shake off the rust, get into a groove, and don't worry about trying to earn a call-up. Just play, and we'll see where you are in January."

Just take the pressure off the kid after such a tumultuous year.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Poulin isn't going to be in Pittsburgh to start the year unless he looks like a dead cert to be one of the league's best 3Cs this year. Just the waivers system for you.

How soon he comes up depends on injuries more than anything else. We'll see how he takes to it when they come.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
I don't think Dubas is going to move either unless something he can't say no to turns up. Anything else apart, given how capped out this team is, there's going to be a fairly short list of places he can spend enough assets to make giving up Pickering make sense (but the counterpoint there is that small list of places will be quite expensive, so...).
I think it also depends on how the team is doing. If they are rolling and see a need that could be filled to get this team to where it needs to be to win I can absolutely see Dubas go get that piece by whatever means necessary.

At the end of the day the goal is to win a cup, if this team shows that it's close I expect them to make it happen. Let's face it, it going to be a long time after Sid/Geno leave we see any chance of anything

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Poulin is intriguing and I am by no means giving up on him yet. He has talent but it's been a rocky road.

He'd really have to wow to get up here but then again after Sid/Geno our C depth is pretty weak so there could always be an injury.

Like the kid and am rooting for him. A strong WBS team should help his game.

Reactions: Dominance

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t see anything negative about his first pro season. Hot start, cold middle, hot again at the end and great POs. Mostly ES production on a kinda mediocre team while still adjusting to center.

Almost identical to Puus but he’s 2 years younger. Probably more ES too?

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Emil Jarventie is on the finland roster for the U20 five nations tournament in sweden.

They play Slovakia today in their first game. Pinnineimi isnt playing, and from the sound of it a lot of nations is sending theit B-squads/bubble guys.

So this might be a chance for him to at least play himself into contention for the WJC.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Are any of those college FAs left? Or did they all sign.
Not a whole lot. but wome of them are on AHL deals, whick probably makes them still availiable for an NHL deal. Not sure how usual that is tho. probably more usual for another team to sign an AHL deal player after a full season in the AHL. And i mean, if teams were interested in signing a apleyer to an ELC they probably woudlnt have settled for an AHL deal in the first place

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Five Nations finished with Finland as the winners. Emil Jarventie had 2 goals and 3 assists in his 4 games, which looks to have led the Finns there quite handily. Doesn't mean a whole bunch given its all B teams but hey, still take it.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Did anything ever come of Murashov changing teams? Nothing on eliteprospects indicating it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad