Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
not that it matters. but that trade seems really bad. fells like both the best players came from WBS in the deal.
Yeah, seems like it.

This would be Guerin’s department.

Could also be Elliot & Lindberg were misbehaving.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Hållander made the Swedish roster. No surprises there.

Swedish head coach Montén: "Hard working forward who can play in all situations. Good size and speed"

Sounds like improved praise from the same coach who told Pronman “there’s some offense there, but not much”. Good to see.

Where in the lineup do you expect Hallander to play for them?

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
The son of former Penguins' director of amateur scouting Randy Sexton, Ben Sexton played four years collegiately at Clarkson from 2010-14, serving as the school's captain his final two years.
:laugh:

When's Austin Lemieux going pro. :sarcasm:

ETA: Looks like he played with Troy Josephs at Clarkson in 2014.

Last edited:

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I can't make any sense of this trade. Sexton seems like a decent player with some leadership qualities but the other 2 look like Wheeling fodder.

I think you guys had some good guesses, that maybe there was some problem with those guys and that maybe they wanted to make some room for Riikola.

Fogel

Analytics please
May 10, 2010
PA
What are the potential time lines with our F prospects with top 6 ceilings? Are we looking at Hallander and Bellerive? I'm guessing Angello and Lafferty might be top 9 ceilings?

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
What are the potential time lines with our F prospects with top 6 ceilings? Are we looking at Hallander and Bellerive? I'm guessing Angello and Lafferty might be top 9 ceilings?

I guess I'd call Hallander, Bellerive, Drozg and Almeida our semi-realistic top 6 ceiling people at the moment. Guys like Bjorkqvist, Angello, Lafferty etc.etc. could end up top 6 players like Rust but I'm not comfortable calling that.

In any case, all of them are eligible to play for WBS next year. There's a decent chance Hallander stays in Sweden but you've got to imagine the rest are straight in.

Bellerive is probably the most likely to get in quickly due to a better two-way game and having filled out his frame more. It wouldn't surprise anyone all that much if he was a part of the main show by the end of next season.

I think Almeida could well burn up all his waiver exemption before getting a serious shot due to his size. It sounds like he desperately needs to put on some weight. Drozg is the wild card here, I'm not sure too many know enough about him to make forecasts.

As for Hallander - I recall reading one article forecasting him as being ready in 20-21 but that was before he made a big impression on the SHL.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I guess I'd call Hallander, Bellerive, Drozg and Almeida our semi-realistic top 6 ceiling people at the moment. Guys like Bjorkqvist, Angello, Lafferty etc.etc. could end up top 6 players like Rust but I'm not comfortable calling that.

In any case, all of them are eligible to play for WBS next year. There's a decent chance Hallander stays in Sweden but you've got to imagine the rest are straight in.

Bellerive is probably the most likely to get in quickly due to a better two-way game and having filled out his frame more. It wouldn't surprise anyone all that much if he was a part of the main show by the end of next season.

I think Almeida could well burn up all his waiver exemption before getting a serious shot due to his size. It sounds like he desperately needs to put on some weight. Drozg is the wild card here, I'm not sure too many know enough about him to make forecasts.

As for Hallander - I recall reading one article forecasting him as being ready in 20-21 but that was before he made a big impression on the SHL.

I’d put Hallander on a tier above Bellerive (injury), Almeida (size) and Drozg right now. Drozg is the wildcard for me as well and I think he’ll stay that way until he’s in WBS or if he gets traded to a better QMJHL team.

It’ll be interesting to see where players like Lafferty, Angello, Johnson, Blueger, Bjorkvist, etc. slot in if they ever make the nhl.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I’d put Hallander on a tier above Bellerive (injury), Almeida (size) and Drozg right now. Drozg is the wildcard for me as well and I think he’ll stay that way until he’s in WBS or if he gets traded to a better QMJHL team.

It’ll be interesting to see where players like Lafferty, Angello, Johnson, Blueger, Bjorkvist, etc. slot in if they ever make the nhl.

In terms of as a prospect, or in terms of ceiling? Because I'd agree with the first due to what looks like a very high floor and raise an eyebrow at the second.

steelcityassault

Sep 17, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
I can't make any sense of this trade. Sexton seems like a decent player with some leadership qualities but the other 2 look like Wheeling fodder.

I think you guys had some good guesses, that maybe there was some problem with those guys and that maybe they wanted to make some room for Riikola.

His dad is Randy who runs our amateur scouting I guess

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
In terms of as a prospect, or in terms of ceiling? Because I'd agree with the first due to what looks like a very high floor and raise an eyebrow at the second.

Both because of what happened to him. Right now I think Bellerive’s ceiling is somewhat in question. We don’t know if last season was an anomaly or if he just won’t be the same after the injury. Hallander doesn’t have a question mark like that.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Both because of what happened to him. Right now I think Bellerive’s ceiling is somewhat in question. We don’t know if last season was an anomaly or if he just won’t be the same after the injury. Hallander doesn’t have a question mark like that.

I guess that's fair but I'm not sure that, even with that possibility, that Hallander's ceiling is definitely higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad