Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
Providence loses in the conference final to BU 2-0. Michigan Tech wins their conference with a 2-0 victory (Birks 1A).

Michigan Tech (Birks), Cornell (Angello) and Bjorkvist (Providence) will all get in the big dance. Penn St (Pavlychev) is likely to get an at large bid.

Minnesota (Phillips) is likely bounced by way of Princeton winning ECAC as a big underdog.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
With Drozg and Orio's season over, they can't join the AHL for the remainder can they? Thought they had to be older?

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
With Drozg and Orio's season over, they can't join the AHL for the remainder can they? Thought they had to be older?
I think they can join on PTO

Edit. Maybe its named ATO for prospects

Last edited:

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007

They can join the AHL. Any player that is old enough to play in the NHL can also play in the AHL (Filip Chytil for example spent the year in the AHL this year (or most of it) as an 18/19 year old). However, the NHL/AHL and the CHL have an agreement whereby junior aged players from CHL leagues have to go back to junior if they don't make their NHL clubs. However, once their seasons end in junior, they are allowed to come back up to the AHL.

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
Providence loses in the conference final to BU 2-0. Michigan Tech wins their conference with a 2-0 victory (Birks 1A).

Michigan Tech (Birks), Cornell (Angello) and Bjorkvist (Providence) will all get in the big dance. Penn St (Pavlychev) is likely to get an at large bid.

Minnesota (Phillips) is likely bounced by way of Princeton winning ECAC as a big underdog.

NCAA Tourny bracket has been set. Michigan Tech draws the # 2 seed in Notre Dame. Cornell as the #3 seed gets a tough BU team that just beat Providence for the HEC championship. Providence gets Clarkson which should be a winnable game. Penn St. gets a very tough Denver team. First and second rounds are next weekend.

As expected Minnesota and Nebraska-Omaha did not qualify.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Sorry if some info had already been posted,

A Drozg Story...

On the 9th of March his shit team lost 9-1, ...3.3 seconds before the end of the 2nd period he actually left for the dressing room but his rookie shit coach gave him a regard assassin (if looks could kill) and brought him back to the bench. Yeah he shouldn't have done that but have fun playing in a garbage environment when your future is at stake.

His team lost their last 15 games so i hope he gets traded, Drozg scored in their last game and finished with the most points for team Garbage.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
I would think not. Next year is his age 19 season.
Yeah, I thought so too, his birthday is May 2nd. I haven't looked ay the rule in regard to birth date. It seems like playing up a level next year would be good for his development though.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
It’s just the year. Gotta be 20 or turning 20 to leave juniors. He and d’Orio are ‘99 birthdays so they can join the baby Pens in 2019.

Reactions: AverageJoeFan

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Brynas beat Vaxjo 4-3 today in their second game. Ohlund had a goal on the powerplay and an assist. He currently has 5 points in 5 games (2G 3A).

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Brynas beat Vaxjo 4-3 today in their second game. Ohlund had a goal on the powerplay and an assist. He currently has 5 points in 5 games (2G 3A).
A real upset that was. Vaxsjo is a powerhouse and Brynas are missing 7 regulars - 5 with concussions :-O

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Wonder if we'll take a look at Mascherin, now that Florida's not gonna sign him.

He's a guy I was interested in the Pens taking a couple of years ago (or whenever his draft year was). I mean, free prospect, so I hope the Pens do sign him.

Worst case scenario they have another guy who can provide offense at the AHL level.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
He's a guy I was interested in the Pens taking a couple of years ago (or whenever his draft year was). I mean, free prospect, so I hope the Pens do sign him.

Worst case scenario they have another guy who can provide offense at the AHL level.

Yeah, seems like the sort of forward prospect we like too, at least judging by the scouting reports.

Is he going back into the draft if he's not signed though?

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Yeah, seems like the sort of forward prospect we like too, at least judging by the scouting reports.

Is he going back into the draft if he's not signed though?

That's what I read on the first news report that popped up.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I don't think so. Pretty sure that only applies to 1st round picks (2nd round pick as compensation).

Ah right. So yeah, anything they can flip him for is better than nothing. Although I am curious as to why he's not signing just to go back into the draft. Are Florida really that bad? Or stacked in his position?

#1GuinFan

Apr 4, 2003
canada
Visit site
I think they did away with compensation picks.
Its so seldom that a 1st round pick doesn't get signed though, so I could be wrong.

EDIT - did a little googling about this, looks like Arizona got a 2nd round pick for not signing Connor Bleakley in 2016, so I guess compensation is still a thing. Maybe only on 1st rounders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad