Prospect Info: Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread: 2023-2024 Edition

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
And Rust was kind of a no brainer call up that looked good in a cup of coffee the year before as I recall.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
And Rust was kind of a no brainer call up that looked good in a cup of coffee the year before as I recall.
Sullivan coached Sheary, Rust, Wilson and Kuhnackl when he was in WBS at the beginning of the 2015-2016 season. If Sullivan hadnt been down there I cant imagine him giving a guy like Sheary any rope in the NHL. They were his guys in WBS so they were immediately called up.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Sullivan coached Sheary, Rust, Wilson and Kuhnackl when he was in WBS at the beginning of the 2015-2016 season. If Sullivan hadnt been down there I cant imagine him giving a guy like Sheary any rope in the NHL. They were his guys in WBS so they were immediately called up.

We also were in a similar situation to this year where we had no cap, no assets and no other way to make the roster better.

Reactions: Malkinstheman

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I do think Sullivan had a big say in the Hagelin & Daley acquisitions. And those were huge.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Someone on another site had a proposal with OTT to get 7OA and Pinto lol….do it Dubas…

“44th, 46th, POJ rights, rights to G Sergei Mursahov to OTT for #7 overall and rights to Shane Pinto”
Boy...boooooy...I don't know about that one. That's a tough sell from our POV to be honest. Hmmmm, I mean, I guess?

Pretty high risk but I think Pinto has upside so I'm willing to take the chance.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Boy...boooooy...I don't know about that one. That's a tough sell from our POV to be honest. Hmmmm, I mean, I guess?

Pretty high risk but I think Pinto has upside so I'm willing to take the chance.

Ottawa would laugh us away with that proposal… maybe enough for Pinto but not for 7OA included

Reactions: SEALBound

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Ottawa would laugh us away with that proposal… maybe enough for Pinto but not for 7OA included
I'd do the 2 2nds and POJ for Pinto. Still doubt Ottawa does.

I think we see some roster movement with Ottawa this year. I'm betting they find a team to send Norris to. While he's good, WAY too injury prone to be a big part of the plan with that cap hit. If you can send him to a team like Chicago or San Jose where they could use a solid top 6 center but it's not the end of the world if he misses 20 games, then great.

You then bump Pinto to 2C. I would then look to trade Brady Tkachuk to Carolina for Necas and Drury. Trade Chychrun to a team needing defense for a solid young top 6 wing. Then grab a top 4 dman in free agency.

Trade-Stutzle-Necas
Joseph-Pinto-Batherson
Katchouk-Drury-Giroux
XXX-Greig-XXX

Sanderson-Zub
Chabot-Brannstrom
FA-Docker

I think they could make something of that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy99

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
i would rather have their first next year, even if it not as high, we would have better players to pick from. and we might be able to move up a little too.:wg:
edit; two firsts should get us our next top line center.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Good to read talk about Mike Sullivan's usage of players in 2017 in the thread for prospect updates.
I was thinking the same thing. Clearly some here are traumatized. I can't believe so many spend so much time on that sort a thing seven years later. Like we all get it many here hate Sullivan, but to go back that long and harp on it at this time, well, it's kinda concerning. lol

Yeah it was maddening. Poulin's usage when he was up was such lowbrow dumbass shit.
He's a nothing burger, so .... he really shouldn't be used at all. The guys a bust at this point.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Poulin injuries cost his call up to NHL. Timing was an issue. He will be on the Pens this year. Pinto is in the 6 million AAV range according to Ottawa folks. Love to get him and Sens are under some heat here. I think he signs with the Sens in a bridge type deal. My thoughts all along were Ottawa needs the return of Karlsson to get the back end better. So Pinto would be the deal as the primary return for the Pens after this year.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Tell us more about your mediocre bottom 6 injury magnets that are gonna set the world on fire for real, honest, no fooling this time, Ryder.
You mean Malkin and Letang? They have fallen off considerably. Dubas fortifying the bottom six will be a breeze relative to the old folks home issues.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Moose Jaw tied 2-2 right now with Portland. Looking to take a 3-0 series lead in the WHL championship. Yager with a secondary PP assist so far in this game, 1G 3A in the series.

Edit: Add another secondary PP assist for Yager

Last edited:

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Surprised the sour pusses round here aren't indicting him for getting those assists on the PP.

''BUT BUT he didn't do it 5 on 5''!:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad