Prospect Info: Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread: 2023-2024 Edition

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Broz needs a year in AHL but he was really improving his game and can provide skill set of decent size, playmaking and scoring that Pens could use.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Yagar no need to rush anything here. Have Sid and Geno 2 more years. Dubas has to know he need time here to mature and develop his game and body. But with Poulin, Broz who can play center, Ponomarev Pens at least have some numbers to develop second Yagar, and the others for 3rd and 4th line centers.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
It would not be rushing anything if he shows that he is ready. Learning from Crosby and Malkin is absolutely invaluable to the development of our most promising young players.

The key is to have a roster spot (or possibly two) available to the kids who show the most in camp. And I think Yager has an edge on Broz, Poulin and Ponomarev for two reasons: a) he is just the better prospect, full-stop, and b) he cannot be sent down to the AHL.

The way Yager is finishing 2023-24, it is easy to see how a 9-game trial could be in the offing. Again, the key will be a Lars Eller trade. You can't keep Eller because if you do, he will play way more than we want him to. Heck, he was playing more than Malkin in some games. Granted, he was playing very well down the stretch, but that is why you can trade him because his value is decent right now.

If you have Crosby, Malkin, ? and Acciari at center going into camp, that gives these four players a great opportunity. If two players emerge, you can always move Acciari to wing (or even in a trade). If only one is deemed ready, the others have motivation to get back to the NHL quickly.

This has to be the plan at center going forward. Do not give Sullivan other options, because he is going to take it.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
If he is truly ready OK. But my point was you don't have to rush him. do I think a year tokjeep developing and getting stronger serves him better yes. the grind of the NFL is really hard for younger players who just hot that wall. Ponomarev, Poulin and Eller can offer bottom 6 center play. Acciari is a much better wing and Dubas mentioned hi can offer more help is the scoring from there. Being saddled with Carter was just unfair.

Last edited:

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Hino-Zohorna-Puustinin were a constant threat in the loss yesterday. I wouldn't hate that as a 4th line next year.

Reactions: Coastal Kev

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
No more below the line wingers here. Just end this nonsense of the Zahorna's of the world. Develop real prospects and upgrade the bottom 6. Acciari, healthy is fine. Eller is a solid number 3 center. Add a Stephenson at LW and as much as I like Puustinen, he simply needs to get much stronger here. Get a bigger stronger RW who can be physical and score some goals and third line can be really good. Move smith and Dubas has approx 16 to 17 million to work with.

Reactions: Nakawick

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
No more below the line wingers here. Just end this nonsense of the Zahorna's of the world. Develop real prospects and upgrade the bottom 6. Acciari, healthy is fine. Eller is a solid number 3 center. Add a Stephenson at LW and as much as I like Puustinen, he simply needs to get much stronger here. Get a bigger stronger RW who can be physical and score some goals and third line can be really good. Move smith and Dubas has approx 16 to 17 million to work with.
O'Connor Crosby Rust
Bunting Malkin Rakell
Foegele Stephenson Koivunen
Poulin Eller Acciari
Gruden

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
If you guys want to a have a depressed bitch session, start a new thread and keep your negativity there. Some of us want to come here and discuss the prospects of the future, the direction of the team, and a bunch of random what-ifs for fun. The last thing we need is your whiny bullshit casting a depressed, dark shadow on what otherwise might be decent discussion.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Hino-Zohorna-Puustinin were a constant threat in the loss yesterday. I wouldn't hate that as a 4th line next year.
That’s not the type of player Puustinen is though. He’s never going to succeed like that. He needs to be at the very least on the 3rd line and probably the 2nd.

Reactions: SEALBound

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
If he is truly ready OK. But my point was you don't have to rush him. do I think a year tokjeep developing and getting stronger serves him better yes. the grind of the NFL is really hard for younger players who just hot that wall. Ponomarev, Poulin and Eller can offer bottom 6 center play. Acciari is a much better wing and Dubas mentioned hi can offer more help is the scoring from there. Being saddled with Carter was just unfair.
the thing is that he's ready now except that he needs to get stronger. so how will playing in a much weaker Legue help/hurt his development in those other areas?:dunno:

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Young guys need time to allow for their body to actually mature and get stronger. Of course S&C are needed but in the end, it is not the talent I question, it is his physical readiness to play in the best level of competition next year.

Reactions: The Old Master

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
That’s not the type of player Puustinen is though. He’s never going to succeed like that. He needs to be at the very least on the 3rd line and probably the 2nd.
Yeah, and that's fair. Might depend on how we structure the 3rd line if you went Poulin-Eller-Acciari as a 3rd line which would be more defensive in structure, you could roll a young offensive 4th line for 10min a game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad