Prospect Info: Pittsburgh Penguins Prospect Thread | The Church of Farnhamtology

Status
Not open for further replies.

penguins2946*

@IanAltenbaugh: Kapanen is substantially better than most of the other prospects here. Puck seems to follow his stick. Skating, anticipating, hands all good

Huh, maybe JR saying Kapanen has a shot at making the team isn't total lip service.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
unfortunately it probably says more about the offensive skill of our other prospects. Plus he's used to playing against Men.

Yes that's probably true. Either way, it's exciting. I'd say he's our best forward prospect since Staal.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
https://twitter.com/LGP_netwolf
@LGP_netwolf 2h
I'm not an Xs and Os guy, but this 5 on 0 breakout drill seems to stress having 2 Fs down low to support the D with the puck to get started.

@LGP_netwolf 2h
The 3rd F starts high in his end, moves diagonally to the side the puck is coming up to serve as another passing outlet.

Thank the lord. No more insane gaps between forwards and D-men and stretch pass at all costs ********.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
https://twitter.com/LGP_netwolf
@LGP_netwolf 2h
I'm not an Xs and Os guy, but this 5 on 0 breakout drill seems to stress having 2 Fs down low to support the D with the puck to get started.

@LGP_netwolf 2h
The 3rd F starts high in his end, moves diagonally to the side the puck is coming up to serve as another passing outlet.

Thank the lord. No more insane gaps between forwards and D-men and stretch pass at all costs ********.

Hey, Bylsma's breakout excelled in 5-on-0 situations.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Here's what I thought of today's events: http://letsgopens.com/camp_reports.php?id=92

Thanks for the write-up. I'm sure everyone will be excited to hear this
One of them was a full-ice, five-on-none breakout drill. Two forwards always came down low to the side where the defenseman with the puck was. The defenseman moved the puck to one of the forwards and they headed up ice. The third forward started high on the other side of the ice and diagonally cut over to the same side the puck was coming up to serve as another passing outlet. The longest first pass a defenseman had to make couldn't have been more than 10-15'.

Xavier Laflamme*

I wish Matia Marcantuoni develops any kind of skill because his speed is just disturbing. Fastest guy in our system although he lacks in the scoring department and has been often injured..par the norm for our offensive guys I suppose.

#1GuinFan

Apr 4, 2003
canada
Visit site
I wish Matia Marcantuoni develops any kind of skill because his speed is just disturbing. Fastest guy in our system although he lacks in the scoring department and has been often injured..par the norm for our offensive guys I suppose.

skill as your wishing isnt something that one just comes across, either you have it or you don't - and I think from his junior days he just doesn't have offensive skill/savvy. he could be a great bottom 6er tho.

Xavier Laflamme*

skill as your wishing isnt something that one just comes across, either you have it or you don't - and I think from his junior days he just doesn't have offensive skill/savvy. he could be a great bottom 6er tho.

Skill in regards to anything that will help him translate the NHL. Of course I don't see him becoming a fixture in the top 6 but I feel like he could be a poor mans Viktor Stalberg albeit being just as fast.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Here's what I thought of today's events: http://letsgopens.com/camp_reports.php?id=92

I love reading these. Keep up the good work.

One of them was a full-ice, five-on-none breakout drill. Two forwards always came down low to the side where the defenseman with the puck was. The defenseman moved the puck to one of the forwards and they headed up ice. The third forward started high on the other side of the ice and diagonally cut over to the same side the puck was coming up to serve as another passing outlet. The longest first pass a defenseman had to make couldn't have been more than 10-15'.

Yeah, that's what caught my eye.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Dumoulin sounds like a man amongst boys from the reports yesterday. Sadly, we once again are in the spot where a player (Dumoulin this time), will not get a chance in the NHL only due to the fact that he doesn't have to clear waivers.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Dumoulin sounds like a man amongst boys from the reports yesterday. Sadly, we once again are in the spot where a player (Dumoulin this time), will not get a chance in the NHL only due to the fact that he doesn't have to clear waivers.

And some 300,000 in cap space. It would be good if he was up to start the season while Olli is rehabbing rather than just Samuelsson.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh

And some 300,000 in cap space. It would be good if he was up to start the season while Olli is rehabbing rather than just Samuelsson.

Sounds like Harrington & Dumoulin were both standouts yesterday, but I suppose that's to be expected.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
I can see the reason why they wouldn't want too many rookies on defense. But i really don't see how Scuderi I'm any way is better than dumo at this point.

WhatsaMaatta

Feb 2, 2008
I can see the reason why they wouldn't want too many rookies on defense. But i really don't see how Scuderi I'm any way is better than dumo at this point.

Dumoulin just didn't look ready to me last year. He seemed to be a step behind the play more often than not. Maybe that's something that changes over time and experience for him, but with a healthy roster, even dumping Scuds, Dumoulin doesn't get a spot on the roster. Not only that, there are two other guys who should probably get a shot over him in Pouliot and Harrington over the next couple years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad