Proposal: Pittsburgh Penguins Playoff Avatar: Theme - Bill Murray "Dont Playoff Angry"

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Tag line could be "So its the playoffs.... again"

I think looks great.

For the first frame, is it possible to swap in the cartoon Bill Murray overtop of the actual scene from the movie? Or will that cause sizing issues?

Im thinking this is what we should do. Seems to be a general lack of interest for people to bring in ideas and talk about it. So lets get it done. Unless a bunch of people state otherwise, in the next couple hours, Im voting for this being the one..

That's a bit too long of a tag line.

We need to keep it to as little colors as possible to keep the color format down to 16/32 colors. We need to compress as much as we can.

I also have a good idea on a Bill Murray part before the final playoff logo clock. I'll work on it and I'll have to get all slides in order to size and all.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
That's a bit too long of a tag line.

We need to keep it to as little colors as possible to keep the color format down to 16/32 colors. We need to compress as much as we can.

I also have a good idea on a Bill Murray part before the final playoff logo clock. I'll work on it and I'll have to get all slides in order to size and all.
Got it. Doesnt seem like we are going to get any more suggests/ideas. Lets go with this design.

Reactions: Ugene Magic

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I like the groundhogs day idea or something with Sullivan holding the light from men in black, with the caption about the last three playoffs
%D0%B9%D0%BE%D0%BA%D0%B5%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%BC%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B5-men-in-black.gif

Reactions: metalan2

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Thank you for the clarification on the new site avatar parameters. We will certainly fallow these as the standards. 200k is awesome, but we will try to do even better for better site functioning. These are just avatars, and we have obviously done these with far less at 50k.

I'll try at 100k and tweak for less until we can get to a point they are not going spastic/glitching.

I knew the one @Zirakzigil put on wouldn't fly, and I can remove a lot of frames to make it work.

Thanks again.

Got this part down to 13.72k

View attachment 532086

This one to like 21k
View attachment 532090
Good work on this stuff. That cartoon is a perfect expression of this forum. And I dig the Penguin.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Well I am loving the idea. Not sure if you are interesting in throwing up a bunch of random ones like you usually do. I wont be able to help out at all until Thursday at the earliest.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Not really feeling it. I'm just messing around at this point.
I get it. Mess around as much as youd like. Once get you get something locked down I will try and help out. Otherwise we can just go with 1 or a few generic ones this year. Id be happy with the one I am currently rocking.

Ignatius

LET HIM IN TO THE BOX
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
I want one from the scene in groundhog Day where he's eating popcorn and shocking people with answers.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
can any of you keyboard wizzes make me one wit a ground hog in the cross hairs, and then go to "dam it i missed" it's going to be a short summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad