Proposal: Pittsburgh Penguins Playoff Avatar: Theme - Bill Murray "Dont Playoff Angry"

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
He pulled out of her really early....and make sure you wash off the perfume before coming back to the table.

1650052958572.png

Reactions: Ugene Magic

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
You don't want it saying anything?

Those were just mock ups and not final product.

I meant it wasn't feasible to expand much more slides into it without shortening that to allow for more. Plus you're a mod and allowed larger graphics.

Could be done.
The new avatar recommendations are for 400x400 or bigger. I believe the new forum software shrinks things down. I just thought it was hilarious and wanted to try it out. Still think if we go the ground hog day route we should substitute a Penguin in for the ground hog though.

Reactions: Ugene Magic

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
The new avatar recommendations are for 400x400 or bigger. I believe the new forum software shrinks things down. I just thought it was hilarious and wanted to try it out. Still think if we go the ground hog day route we should substitute a Penguin in for the ground hog though.

Sucks the online marker blocks the steering wheel.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Was making Bill Murray waive his hands too big in file size? Or are you just messing around

I thought just having the penguin and steering wheel be animated was enough. Too much going on with Bill being animated too. Especially looking off instead of straight ahead. Plus it will lower the file size.

I need to stop.

Voting has to happen.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Zirakzigil

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
@Randy Butternubs there was a suggestion for you to put a stamp on something paint wise... I hate there hasn't been interaction here. I don't/didn't want this to be so one sided here.

That goes for anyone else too.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix

So currently we have a rather loose avatar policy and I'd like to keep it that way.

As such the one you're currently wearing is probably too big, it's around a MB which would cause problems if EVERYONE wore one that size.

Can you try and shrink that thing?

Ideally make your avatars 196x196. Shoot for 200k or less (the old size was 50k so ....) I also just increased the default size (they'll show up as 150px, shrunk down from 196px) Can't promise the increased pixels will stay but hopefully.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
So currently we have a rather loose avatar policy and I'd like to keep it that way.

As such the one you're currently wearing is probably too big, it's around a MB which would cause problems if EVERYONE wore one that size.

Ideally make your avatars 196x196. Shoot for 200k or less (the old size was 50k so ....) I also just increased the default size (they'll show up as 150px, shrunk down from 196px) Can't promise the increased pixels will stay but hopefully.
shhh-shush.gif

Thanks for the info. We were just messing around with gif's yesterday, it will be shrunk down for sure.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada

Slight change to this one, instead of "dont drive angry" I think it should be "dont playoff angry." Thats slightly more hockey/playoff specific.
Further refinement.

Theme Frame: Dont Playoff Angry with Penguin, Bill Murray, playoff logo
2nd Frame: Bill Murray random picture
3rd Frame: Pens hockey random angry picture

@Ugene Magic What you think?

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
How about “it’s cold out there”.
If the general theme is Ground Hog Day, dont see why there cant be a few different slides to choose from with quotes from the movie. I personally though the "dont drive angry" that Ugene did was awesome and would morph well into a "dont playoff angry" theme. Especially considering how moody this fanbase currently is.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

Thank you for the clarification on the new site avatar parameters. We will certainly fallow these as the standards. 200k is awesome, but we will try to do even better for better site functioning. These are just avatars, and we have obviously done these with far less at 50k.

I'll try at 100k and tweak for less until we can get to a point they are not going spastic/glitching.

I knew the one @Zirakzigil put on wouldn't fly, and I can remove a lot of frames to make it work.

Thanks again.

Got this part down to 13.72k

This one to like 21k

Last edited:

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Further refinement.

Theme Frame: Dont Playoff Angry with Penguin, Bill Murray, playoff logo
2nd Frame: Bill Murray random picture
3rd Frame: Pens hockey random angry picture

@Ugene Magic What you think?
I'm thinking the order would be...

1st frame: (single frame) Needs tag line. (Playoffs Again?)
YrxOZQ7.gif

2nd frame: (single frame) Some random penguin player
1497096011_8dc921144e89b347196833c354ca5044

3rd frames: (4 to 7 frames) The "Don't Playoff Angry"
dNt2kPu.gif

4th frame(s): (1 to 2 frames) Playoff logo with clock
9VsFNqe.gif

We may find we could add a frame between 3 and 4. The Bill Murray random pic?

A possible 11/12 frames total we should be able to get well under specs.

Last edited:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

YrxOZQ7.gif

dNt2kPu.gif

9VsFNqe.gif

Looks good to me. I like It’s Playoffs Again.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada

YrxOZQ7.gif

dNt2kPu.gif

9VsFNqe.gif

Tag line could be "So its the playoffs.... again"

I think looks great.

For the first frame, is it possible to swap in the cartoon Bill Murray overtop of the actual scene from the movie? Or will that cause sizing issues?

Im thinking this is what we should do. Seems to be a general lack of interest for people to bring in ideas and talk about it. So lets get it done. Unless a bunch of people state otherwise, in the next couple hours, Im voting for this being the one..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad