R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
Puppies

scaled.php

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Well that much is obvious by the fact that he's been day to day...

Plus I don't speak Russian so I have no idea what that article says.

I'm not going to do a verbatim translation, but I'll post a summary of the interesting bits.

The gist of the article is that Geno is saying that, while his leg is healed enough to play, it wasn't healed enough to take the full rigors of full-contact, regular season play without pain. He says there's nothing out of the ordinary about it, and that everything is progressing as according to schedule, but just that his knee gets sore after some time, with the general fatigue of trying to readjust. He says the third period is the worst.

He's also saying his decision to play has been overseen by his doctor, and that everyone warned him the rehab would be painful and difficult. He talks a little bit about overcompensating for his knee (which is what several more-knowledgable posters mentioned in the ZOMG GENO IZ DUN-overreaction fest a few weeks back) and that it's been steadily improving as the season goes on.

He also doesn't explicitly say Crosby will be back in mid-November, but he seems to hint at it. He also says that Sid feels fine, and that there's no need to rush him back. He then compares the injuries of Crosby and himself to Gretzky's injuries and finishes by talking a bit about his and Sid's charity work.

If anyone has any specific questions about something in the article, let me know and I'll translate it.

Cardboard Orpik

Out 4-6 Weeks
Jun 18, 2011
Sid dressed like a character from the Elder Scrolls series for Halloween, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim comes out on 11-11-11, COINCIDENCE!?!?!?!?!?!?

:sarcasm:

Biz Nasty

Proudly blocked by DK
Jan 6, 2009
Pittsburgh
Not so much related to players on twitter, but there is a major meltdown going on through twitter between everyone's favorite, Mark Madden, and the idiots that run The PensBlog. It's turned into a big pissing match where Madden basically spent his entire afternoon show on the Pens radio network calling the PensBlog and other sites "fan blogs" and mocking their unprofessional nature.

Personally I think the PensBlog has played a role in the "dumbing down" of the new generation of Pens fans...their only worthwhile posts are the ones "Stoosh" does every week or so, beyond that it's a whole lot of Jr. High level jokes and fan-boy behavior that detracts from gaining any tangible knowledge.

Madden is without a doubt an ass sometimes, but he actually played a significant role in keeping the Pens in the mainstream media in Pittsburgh during the dark years as many buried them behind the Steelers and even the Buccos.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Sounds sort of like one well-documented blowhard moron in a (predictably) juvenile slappy-fight with a gaggle of on-the-rise blowhard morons. Terrific.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Not so much related to players on twitter, but there is a major meltdown going on through twitter between everyone's favorite, Mark Madden, and the idiots that run The PensBlog. It's turned into a big pissing match where Madden basically spent his entire afternoon show on the Pens radio network calling the PensBlog and other sites "fan blogs" and mocking their unprofessional nature.

Personally I think the PensBlog has played a role in the "dumbing down" of the new generation of Pens fans...their only worthwhile posts are the ones "Stoosh" does every week or so, beyond that it's a whole lot of Jr. High level jokes and fan-boy behavior that detracts from gaining any tangible knowledge.

Madden is without a doubt an ass sometimes, but he actually played a significant role in keeping the Pens in the mainstream media in Pittsburgh during the dark years as many buried them behind the Steelers and even the Buccos.

The fact the Pensblog didn't get their Press credentials revoked after impersonating a "real" Pittsburgh media member in order to get Jagr's agent to talk to them is both shocking and disappointing.

Biz Nasty

Proudly blocked by DK
Jan 6, 2009
Pittsburgh
Sounds sort of like one well-documented blowhard moron in a (predictably) juvenile slappy-fight with a gaggle of on-the-rise blowhard morons. Terrific.

Very much so, unfortunately those blowhard morons comprise the most popular hockey talk guy in town, and probably the most popular internet site for the Pens other than the main site. Like I said, it's a huge reason why much of the new generation of Pens fans have been "dumbed down" in comparison to the "Mario generation" and those that came before.

SomeDude, I didn't realize they had one? Derek tweeted that he apparently had to meet with Tom McMillan following the Peter Svboda incident so I imagine that took care of the issue, but you are right...the so called "fan blogs" should be happy to be recognized along with the mainstream media sources, pulling amateur hour stuff like the PensBlog pulls should pretty much kill their relationship with the team.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Oh, I couldn't agree more, Biz. It's pretty unfortunate how barren it is around the region as far as legitimate hockey discussion is concerned. Even online... present site not included, of course. I have nothing but contempt for both parties, really. Maybe even moreso for PB, who I feel is mostly just the worst elements of the internet jammed into a hockey format. They really are pretty embarrassing, even if they don't seem to realize or care.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Very much so, unfortunately those blowhard morons comprise the most popular hockey talk guy in town, and probably the most popular internet site for the Pens other than the main site. Like I said, it's a huge reason why much of the new generation of Pens fans have been "dumbed down" in comparison to the "Mario generation" and those that came before.

SomeDude, I didn't realize they had one? Derek tweeted that he apparently had to meet with Tom McMillan following the Peter Svboda incident so I imagine that took care of the issue, but you are right...the so called "fan blogs" should be happy to be recognized along with the mainstream media sources, pulling amateur hour stuff like the PensBlog pulls should pretty much kill their relationship with the team.

I'm pretty sure they have/had press passes. I remember last year they were trying to get under TIOPS' skin by heckling him about something when they were on the media tour of Consol before it opened together. Could be wrong, though.

Actually, I kinda hope I am. Even though they have a pretty big following, I would hope that the team keeps a distance from associating with them as I'm embarrassed by them just as a Pens fan.

Biz Nasty

Proudly blocked by DK
Jan 6, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'm pretty sure they have/had press passes. I remember last year they were trying to get under TIOPS' skin by heckling him about something when they were on the media tour of Consol before it opened together. Could be wrong, though.

Actually, I kinda hope I am. Even though they have a pretty big following, I would hope that the team keeps a distance from associating with them as I'm embarrassed by them just as a Pens fan.

PensBlog has media credentials???

The Pens usually hold a few events for bloggers/social media types during the season, so that may be what you are referring to. They got an exclusive tour when Consol opened and I believe they get a game where they watch from the Press Box, beyond that I don't believe they have credentials...but seeing as how they do receive at least a decent amount of cooperation from the team, I imagine that is why McMillan spoke with TPB about their antics after the Svboda incident.

In any event, you are correct...they are a complete embarrassment.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch

There was a picture in the Pens locker room full of photoshopped images from tPB during their cup run I believe. Also there is a signed Charlie picture of every player on the team.

I personally love reading that site. I don't really care that they dumb it down. I read it for the laughs. Some people have to stop acting all stuck up like they are better than everybody else because they think they understand the game of hockey better. Just because the humor is junior highish doesn't make it not funny. I mean I enjoy watching movies like Dumb and Dumber, Will Ferrell movies, Family Guy, etc. and they are just as stupid and immature.

Besides they were sticking up for Malkin, and Madden was acting like the blowhard idiot he always is saying Malkin sucks. Madden couldn't take it and he deleted his Twitter account. He's also never right by and large and he thinks he's the greatest hockey mind of this generation and the best radio broadcaster ever created. I'm sorry but I'm going to side with tPB here.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad