Pre-Game Talk: Pittsburgh @ Edmonton, 7pm Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
God damnit, take Hendricks out, put Slepyshev back in. I'm not convinced the Oilers are icing their best lineup.

I wouldn't be opposed to Pouliot taking Maroon's spot if he's skating well tomorrow.

trick91

Jun 7, 2012
God damnit, take Hendricks out, put Slepyshev back in. I'm not convinced the Oilers are icing their best lineup.

I wouldn't be opposed to Pouliot taking Maroon's spot if he's skating well tomorrow.

i would love our 4th line to be slep, letestu, cags

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Can someone explain this on going issue people have with Hendricks?

He seems to be playing his style of game quite well and isn't bleeding a +/- (-2). He hits hard and fore checks harder. I don't get the issue apart from his lack of speed at times.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton

He seems to be playing his style of game quite well and isn't bleeding a +/- (-2). He hits hard and fore checks harder. I don't get the issue apart from his lack of speed at times.

I just don't think he should be playing every game, especially against a fast team like the Penguins. The 4th line always looks better to me when Hendricks is out of the lineup.

I suppose I'm just frustrated that the PK is struggling so much, and the team isn't winning any faceoffs, when we have a guy that excels at both down in the AHL scoring two points a game. To me Lander is the better hockey player over Hendricks, and should be in the lineup.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada

I don't have a problem with hendricks.

I'm sure the team needs his intangibles but for me it's more an issue of not dressing Shlep.

Not really the dealbreaker I make it out to be but he should go up and down the lineup better than most of the wingers.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Big test for the team, taking stupid penalties will result in a great night for Schultz. So the Oil better play with discipline..

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
I just don't think he should be playing every game, especially against a fast team like the Penguins. The 4th line always looks better to me when Hendricks is out of the lineup.

I suppose I'm just frustrated that the PK is struggling so much, and the team isn't winning any faceoffs, when we have a guy that excels at both down in the AHL scoring two points a game. To me Lander is the better hockey player over Hendricks, and should be in the lineup.

I get this. Lander is really solid at the PK special team thing, especially faceoffs. Though Hendo is 55.5% or so on FO's. And he's played 36 games. Speed for a game like this is a good factor to sit him for someone faster, but do they bring those other key traits would be a question. I'm the type to factor in experience and leadership qualities as well....but considering Landers rep, that would be a wash.

I don't have a problem with hendricks.

I'm sure the team needs his intangibles but for me it's more an issue of not dressing Shlep.

Not really the dealbreaker I make it out to be but he should go up and down the lineup better than most of the wingers.

This is a very fair comment on not dressing Shlep too. He can't be sitting and watching too long, even if there is some good quality in watching a game at his age and experience level.

Thanks for the answers. They are surprisingly good ones when considering HF at times. Now I'll go troll the mains.....:naughty:

j/k Mods....perhaps.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Somebody should hit that ***** at every opportunity. Possibly one of the worst Oilers of the decade.:laugh:

Easily the worst. By a landslide.

I'll take Stortini over Oilers Jultz every damn time.

Wow I just saw that Schultz is tied for 4th in the league for D scoring with 45 pts and is +28 this year. I don't even know what to say about this.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Wow I just saw that Schultz is tied for 4th in the league for D scoring with 45 pts and is +28 this year. I don't even know what to say about this.

c'est la vie. Schultz would be a great complement to our current D core, but it was not meant to be. He was here at the worst time and the bridge has been burned. He was given no support here, he lost confidence, was overplayed, and the fans scapegoated him for problems that weren't really his fault. Overall, our team is good now so there's no sense in dwelling on it.

And also, you never know. Maybe he just wasn't a fit here, and would still be bad if we kept him. I doubt it though

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
wCcWULX.gif

They really should show this on the mega jumbo tron. It's perfect.

Then cut to Mactavish stating he was a future Norris candidate.

And finish with an Eakins presser explaining why he is playing 25 minutes a game as a first line D.

jimab1971

Dec 20, 2016
I doubt Schultz misses Edmonton much. What's unbelievable is that he would be 3rd on the Oilers in scoring and 1st in plus/minus.

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
They really should show this on the mega jumbo tron. It's perfect.

And finish with an Eakins presser explaining why he is playing 25 minutes a game as a first line D.

Well, most ex-Oilers get a tribute. Might as well stick with tradition. I'm sure the fans would love to get the chance to show him how we feel...

oljimmy

May 9, 2013

Uh... not to be super contrarian, but Schultz is tied for 4th in league scoring among defensemen. I'm not saying he should be considered this year--many of his points are the result of the generational megastars he plays with and his defensive game is still pretty weak-- but MacT's pronouncement no longer sounds as ridiculous as it used to.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I doubt Schultz misses Edmonton much. What's unbelievable is that he would be 3rd on the Oilers in scoring and 1st in plus/minus.

We have a big drop off for points after #2. Schultz would be #3 quite easily, considering we have no offensive Dmen so we'd use him in offensive roles a lot.

As for plus minus, Schultz gets soft minutes in Pittsburgh because he is an offensive Dman. Again, we have no OFD so he'd get soft minutes here too. He would probably still be behind McDavid for plus minus, but it would be just as inflated here as it is in Pittsburgh.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

I originally was fairly neutral on him, but his success this year definitely changed that. For a guy that couldn't have cared less about winning or even giving it 100%, it annoys me to see him showing what he was capable of

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007

He always had the talent to be an elite offensive producer. The Oilers did a horrible job supporting him along with other kids. This notwithstanding, Schultz never seemed like a solid person or a team player. That move he pulled on the Ducks, over the top celebration when hit his bonuses when the team was heading down the crapper, and eventually giving up trying. Good for him that he found his game in Pittsburgh.

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria
Will be my first game in the new building. They never win when I'm in attendance, hopefully the new arena changes that, if not, sorry.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Will need Talbot to set it up, he has slumped a bit the last few weeks (.895 in last 5 games)

Why

Jan 15, 2014
Edmonton
Looks like this game got even bigger now that we just got passed by the flames and ducks (potentially)

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Calgary is tying us tonight. This is pretty much a must win. Can't believe teams just consistently refuse to show up against Calgary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad