Proposal: Pittsburgh - Anaheim: Nick Bjugstad

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Wonder if the Ducks would be interested in Gudbranson. I know Duck fans wouldn't be but it wouldn't surprise me if that's the kind of guy they'd like.
I’ve been thinking something more like Jack Johnson + 1st (lottery protected) for Kesler.

But, I don’t think that the Penguins are into those types of deals.

ANA is full up on meh to bad defensemen, and theirs make a lot less. Besides.... JJ is signed for like 4 more years. It'd be the functional equivalent of bringing in a left handed Bieksa, except signed longer.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Im more interested in the wingers... zegras - steel - lundy - groulx is pretty good down the middle.

Even a few of the rhd would be solid pick ups

All I was arguing is centerman isn’t in Anaheim’s best interest right now when it’s not a need.

I also don’t think RHD is a need either when 2020 draft is upon Anaheim. They have Jamie Drysdale who’s a for sure lock as best RHD in the draft. All it takes is a draft pick. And no one is forgetting Justin Barron either. These two defenseman are locks in the top 10, and will be stars.

There’s no reason to add anyone to the roster when these players can play right fricken now, and cost controlled for Anaheim. All Anaheim is doing is adding salary and making things more complicated in the future.

Last edited:

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Only reason why I suggested getting Hamilton? For Anaheim. Is we replenish our RHDs. If we are top 5. We get one of the Lafrenieres in that upper circle of tier regarding forwards this draft. That’s a no brainer gentleman.

But In that 6-10 range. There’s RHD. And Anaheim always loves to milk it’s bread and butter on defenseman. If Drysdale falls to the Ducks. They are right back in the game regarding best right handed defenseman in the league. And developing the kid.

So before you chew me out about what I said about not trading. Think about the game plan.

Last edited:

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I’ve been thinking something more like Jack Johnson + 1st (lottery protected) for Kesler.

But, I don’t think that the Penguins are into those types of deals.

This is why I said he should be sent to the minors, and everyone freaked out like it was the craziest proposal. I would much rather put him in the minors than give up a 1st or lose a couple of potentially very good players (Jarry + Riikola) on waivers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad