Confirmed with Link: Pitlick signed, 1 year, $725k

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Very relevant to the topic of "why are the Oilers so bad?"

Very high 2nd round picks bombing is a big reason.
most productive player taken since the 80's in the 31 spot George Laraque. That pick is the worst of all the 30's pick since inception of the draft.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Sheary just "turnt" 24

and he played 71 games last between the NHL and AHL--when was the last time Pitlick played 70= games in a season

since 2010 pitlick has played per year

We are not just talking a about 1 or 2 years where injuries have been a problem--we are at 5

I like Pitlick--but after 5 years of waiting-it is time for

hqdefault.jpg

with him--he just can not stay healthy

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
and he played 71 games last between the NHL and AHL--when was the last time Pitlick played 70= games in a season

since 2010 pitlick has played per year

We are not just talking a about 1 or 2 years where injuries have been a problem--we are at 5

I like Pitlick--but after 5 years of waiting-it is time for

hqdefault.jpg

with him--he just can not stay healthy

is it wise to predict a player will miss half a season.

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
is it wise to predict a player will miss half a season.

It's wise to keep it in mind when it's happened more often than not.

I would have preferred a guy like Ahti Oksanen or Drew Brevig get a contract spot than Pitlick. It's time to cut ties with the failures of the old regime.

Hoodaha

Aug 8, 2014
As a Condors fan, my reaction is "Meh". Flashes of brilliance broken by injuries and slumps. Temporary 2nd/3rd liner in the AHL at best. Surprised the Oilers resigned him.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Must be nice to make hundreds of thousands of dollars to only play a few hockey games

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Always liked Pitlick but injuries have cost him his career. Surprised they are still keeping him around. I guess it only costs a roster spot for a guy who can play a few games in the NHL if he's healthy.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Competition's not a bad thing, and his presence will at least keep Kassian and Pakarinen honest going into TC.

Though I'm a bit skeptical of filling out the depth chart before TC. I'm mean having 4 other centres in camp didn't really help Lander find his game this year... I'd rather be in a position to make a wavier claim to fill out the bottom of the roster.

This is how you end up with 2 below replacement level guys (Lander and Letestu) battling for a spot, while a guy like Stoll passes by you through waivers.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Competition's not a bad thing, and his presence will at least keep Kassian and Pakarinen honest going into TC.

Though I'm a bit skeptical of filling out the depth chart before TC. I'm mean having 4 other centres in camp didn't really help Lander find his game this year... I'd rather be in a position to make a wavier claim to fill out the bottom of the roster.

This is how you end up with 2 below replacement level guys (Lander and Letestu) battling for a spot, while a guy like Stoll passes by you through waivers.

You gotta make it through training all summer before you get to TC. Pitlick is in danger of not making it through either.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
I want him to change his game - no more crash and bang.

The problem there is Pitlick's already tried this IMO, and it resulted in him losing his spot in the lineup and got him a ticket back to the minors because it became apparent that if he isn't running around hitting things and causing havok, he's pretty much useless as his poor hockey sense and hands become an eyesore and he overall becomes a detriment to whatever line he is on.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Nice, Im rooting for the kid...hes an Oiler years ago if he could just stay healthy.

Pitlick > Hendricks
Minus Hendo's leadership qualities...but hes a better player. And for suuure Pitlick >>>>Korpi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad