Confirmed with Link: Pitlick signed, 1 year, $725k

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
He made $900K last year, I suspect it will be something like $795K (a bit of drop because of his not even being close to an NHLer last years)

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
He made $900K last year, I suspect it will be something like $795K (a bit of drop because of his not even being close to an NHLer last years)

Can they offer him less? Thought they had to qualify in a the amount from last year plus a bit more? Or can he accept less if they say they are not going to qualify him unless he takes lass.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I'm happy to see him back, he played some of the best hockey I've ever seen out of him late last season. If he can remain healthy (I know a big if) he's fully capable of being a good 4th liner.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Good for him. Good veteran guy for the Condors. Unfortunately he's too injury prone to expect him to earn a full-time role on the big club.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Definite last chance for him. He needs to stay healthy and have a significant jump in production if he wants to continue here

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Can they offer him less? Thought they had to qualify in a the amount from last year plus a bit more? Or can he accept less if they say they are not going to qualify him unless he takes lass.

I think it's like a 15% reduction that allowed to be presented.

So from $900K, if it is a 15% reduction allowed, the lowest they could offer is $765K.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
The story of Pitlick is to get a call up. Impress with his physicality and energy. Get injured. Repeat.

Hope he finally manages to stick this year. He's worked hard for it.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
I'd imagine Chia told him this is his last shot to stick.

Hopefully he can make the most of it. Kid has looked good but been derailed by injury left and right.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
These guys take longer to develop. Hopefully when called he performs good on the bottom 6.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I don't think it's do or die for him necessarily. He's still young, and even if his NHL hopes dim I imagine he would at least turn into a decent AHLer, worth having around since he is a bit older and knows the AHL well. We're also not exactly brimming with RWers in the system.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Definite last chance for him. He needs to stay healthy and have a significant jump in production if he wants to continue here

He plays a high tempo energy game with a lot of hitting I don't think offensive production is that big a point of emphasis, his AHL --> NHL equivalency has him at 17 points in a 4th line role that's a perfectly fine number. He just needs to stay healthy and consistently bring the strong elements of his game to the forefront.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Love the player.

He was a very strong pick in that draft.

Nhl shot, skating, and size. I fully believe he would be an NHLer if not for injuries wrecking his development.

Last chance to see if he can stay healthy and over come missing so much of his development due to injuries.

I am not banking on that and am actually surprised they are giving him one more year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad