Proposal: Pit - Van

The Pucks

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
I mean, most Pens fans opposed it when I brought it up. So...

Erikkson’s contract is hilariously bad at this point.

I mean honestly you can take out Virtanen and make it a 3rd.

The point of the trade was to off set Erikkson and JJ with Hornqvist and Roussel.
Vancouver is not cap strapped, they dont need to "sell" Eriksson. Roussel is well liked by the fan base. Why does Vancouver want to make the move?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Six fewer points on a worse team in fewer games without Crosby/Malkin? That's not any different to my eyes. In addition to the matched physicality, I feel Roussel is the better provocateur as well.

I like Roussel, but Hornqvist is the better player, Swedish mentor for Pettersson, can actually play a top six role and scored double the goals Roussel did.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Vancouver is not cap strapped, they dont need to "sell" Eriksson. Roussel is well liked by the fan base. Why does Vancouver want to make the move?

To get a top six forward with championship pedigree, that is a Swede that’ll make Pettersson’s life easier.

I guess I was thinking that Vancouver would be stoked to bump Boeser to Horvat’s line and have Hornqvist with Pettersson.

Seems pretty rad to me. People are severely underrating him in here. Because of one bad year caused by two pucks to the face.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I like Roussel, but Hornqvist is the better player, Swedish mentor for Pettersson, can actually play a top six role and scored double the goals Roussel did.

But only six more points.

With Crosby and Malkin 1/3 of the time 5on5, with PP1 time, on a significantly better team.

I'm not saying Roussel is hands down a better overall player, but context is terribly important here.

And Pettersson did fine with Edler and Eriksson for the year as Swedish role models.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
But only six more points.

With Crosby and Malkin 1/3 of the time 5on5, with PP1 time, on a significantly better team.

I'm not saying Roussel is hands down a better overall player, but context is terribly important here.

And Pettersson did fine with Edler and Eriksson for the year as Swedish role models.

Who likely are both gone if the Nucks can move Erikkson. And this year will be the prove me year much like Barzal saw in his sophomore year.

Gonchar was a huge part of Malkin’s development in Pitt. What happens when Petts has the typical sophmore struggle when teams are game plannin against him. Horny is the type that opens up space on the ice for star centers. Do you see any of Vancouver’s wingers doing that?

Further more Hornqvist’s comparables typically age graciously. He was lights out to begin the year got hurt and then was bounced around the line-up.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Who likely are both gone if the Nucks can move Erikkson. And this year will be the prove me year much like Barzal saw in his sophomore year.

Gonchar was a huge part of Malkin’s development in Pitt. What happens when Petts has the typical sophmore struggle when teams are game plannin against him. Horny is the type that opens up space on the ice for star centers. Do you see any of Vancouver’s wingers doing that?

Further more Hornqvist’s comparables typically age graciously. He was lights out to begin the year got hurt and then was bounced around the line-up.

Petterson is doing fine with his North American colleagues. Assuming he needs more Swedes around him is just ignorant. Eriksson wants out but is only attracting worse contracts, and Edler is looking for something he likely won't find, long term and a NMC, so I'm not writing him off either. Roussel, Beagle and even Horvat are all great role models too.

Roussel and Virtanen. Boeser even to a lesser extent, but he's less fun to say because he's not being asked for.

He still put up 6 points more then one of the guys you're trying to lowjack from us. And again, I've got to stress this, Pittsburgh has two of the best players in the league on their roster, next to whom I bet any of the players being given to the Penguins could put up better numbers. Virtanen was looking like he would put up 30 goals this season....until, and this is speculation, he may have gotten hurt and his production fell off a cliff about half way through the season.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I mean, most Pens fans opposed it when I brought it up. So...

Erikkson’s contract is hilariously bad at this point.

I mean honestly you can take out Virtanen and make it a 3rd.

The point of the trade was to off set Erikkson and JJ with Hornqvist and Roussel.

Can we take out Roussel too?

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
227 mins with Malkin even strength
144 mins with Crosby even strength

371 mins total. About little bit over 1/3 of the season

Correct me if I am wrong. I think Hornqvist is on the 1st pp unit with them as well

Nah, that's correct - or close enough, I think you might have the 5v5 numbers there, not ES.

However, in those stints together, Horny had 2.23 p/60 with Sid, 2.46 p/60 with Geno, and both lines smacked in well north of 3 goals per sixty minutes. His points total drops were driven by less time on the PP, less productivity there (although he was still on ice for a higher goals rate than any other Penguin, and the 11th highest in the NHL, because his value there is about more than his own points), and spending a *lot* of time on shutdown bottom 6 lines tasked with shutting down opposition best.

Oh, and tbf, the concussion probably did have something to do with it.

I get the eyebrow raise at the numbers from a distance, and some concern about how he'd age, but he's still very capable of being a top 6 winger. And I am very disappointed in pixies for even suggesting this.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
There is some.........er, questionable opinions being said in here about Hornqvist. And I say "questionable" because how I'd actually describe them would get me an infraction.

Hornqvist had a bad finish to last year, but this talk that he's a cap dump on pair with Eriksson is laughable.

Reactions: Canucks1096

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad