Proposal: PIT - STL

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I don't think Edmundson would really be any better than Maatta for you guys tbh. He's kinda slow too.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I feel like if a deal goes down between these two teams it would be something bigger. Something along the lines of Kessel + Maatta for Parayko and Steen/Schwartz.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Pens say no. If they are including Addison, its for a larger fish.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
:pens
Joel Edmundson

:blues
Calen Addison
Olli Maatta

Addison has elite potential and Maatta can somewhat replace Edmundson. PIT upgrades on Maatta.
Potential is a very slippery slope. Anyone can say anyone has “elite” potential. Addison doesn’t have elite potential, but he’s a good prospect. Not a blue chip or an A, but at most an A- if he does well.

A lot compared him to Kimmo Timmonen, with one exception; his defense is absolutely horrible. 2-way play is expected, so the elite potential is not necessarily correct.

Maatta isn’t very good, but this deal favors the Blues by a smaller margin. You
Could probably sneak a 2nd or 3rd in there too from them.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Value wise I don’t hate this for the blues. I’m a big Addison fan. But Edmundson is too important and the only real consistent physical presence that doesn’t play 4th line or 3rd pair

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Not even slightly interested.

Maatta+ for Edmundson is fine..but he wouldn't fit that well here either.

Not giving up Addison, our only good PMD prospect for a minimal upgrade.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don't even think I'd add on top of Maatta for Edmundson in the first place, let alone add Addison. Maatta has become crazily underrated on this site. He's a 2-way #4 defenseman, he's an extremely well rounded defenseman that is just a bad skater. He may get burned every so often due to his skating, but his overall results (especially his GA stats) are still very good despite his skating. He's a cerebral defenseman that is very effective at a lot of things both offensively and defensively, his skating just sucks.

There are reasons to look to move him, but those reasons aren't that he's a bad player. Those reasons deal mostly with him making $4.083 million on a team that already pays way too much for their LD and him not fitting the system well due to his skating. I'd love to trade Maatta for a lesser RHD that fits the system better and has similar strengths to Maatta, something like Maatta for Pysyk would make sense for the Penguins to look at.

Reactions: Peat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad