Confirmed Trade: [PIT/STL] Danny Kristo for Reid McNeill

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
Not sure why they would trade their only tough defenseman over six-feet tall, but okay? Scoring is not an issue, and they have enough undersized wingers on WBS...

Sideline

May 23, 2004
My guess is the Penguins think one of their AHL forwards is ready for a promotion and needed to backfill scoring in WBS.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Not sure why they would trade their only tough defenseman over six-feet tall, but okay? Scoring is not an issue, and they have enough undersized wingers on WBS...

The WBS Pens have Erixon, Warsofsky, Bengtsson, Prow, Olesky, Ruehwedel, Percy, Gaunce and Goers on defense. Their D is ridiculously deep.

My guess is the Penguins think one of their AHL forwards is ready for a promotion and needed to backfill scoring in WBS.

Oh please let them recall Guentzel, I'd be so happy.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Kristo, that guy really flopped off the map.

AHL depth is his ceiling anymore, looked like he could be a solid goal scorer in the NHL one day, never put it together

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario

Trouble reading?

Danny Kristo and Reid McNeill

Google will help you if you don't recognize their names.

Thanks for the contribution though.

This is a good move for the Baby Pens.
Depth D is something Pittsburgh made sure they would have plenty of this offseason.
As has been mentioned, I wonder if Pittsburgh is hoping to recall a F soon. Hornqvist might be out longer than expected.

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Didn't Rangers fans used to be really high on Kristo?
What happened?

Habs were high on him too, until they saw him up close too. The natural talent is there, but he just has no drive. Hopefully he got something out of his education, because he'll never be an NHLer.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Neither player are NHL'ers. Just pretty good to decent AHL ones.
I do wonder if Pitt did it cuz a F may be graduating soon though. Guentzel/Sundqvist.
Or one of em is packaged in a deal for a D like Trouba or Hamilton.
Before anyone pounces, yes i realize it's highly unlikely Pitt trades Guentz.

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
The Blues must like Bortuzzo as McNeill is pretty much a LH copy of him. Tall, good reach, can hit and fight, good at clearing the crease. On the downside not much of a skater and almost zero puck skills. Pittsburgh now has virtually no size left in their D pipeline other than Connor Hall who is 18 and still in juniors, and a few projects in college.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Man, I remember when there was a whole deal with Habs fans terrified that their team wasn't going to sign Kristo and that he was going to become an UFA and sign with someone else (IIRC, I feel like there were even those calling for the GM to be fired if they couldn't get Kristo under contract) and worries that he didn't want to sign with Montreal. Then he did sign, then got traded like 4 months after being signed. He was an UFA for a while this summer before St. Louis decided to bring him back.

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
Among the longtime AHLers who have yet to play in the NHL, Kristo has probably the best stats...

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Kristo should get some games in the NHL, yes he isn't burning the A but his stats have been ok averaged over 20 goals in his past 3 seasons

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Habs were high on him too, until they saw him up close too. The natural talent is there, but he just has no drive. Hopefully he got something out of his education, because he'll never be an NHLer.

Does alcohol and frostbite count?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad