Proposal: PIT - PHL: POJ for Frost

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Meh.

I don’t know, probably doesn’t do much.

I’d rather the Flyers just help the Senators out directly in a different way, cause I’m guessing the goal is to clear some cap to sign Pinto?
It is, but I don’t see Kubalik holding much value to Philly and I would also like to add an NHL-competent LHD, with POJ being an appealing option on many levels. And personally, I would exhaust every option to trade Kubalik before looking to clear salary elsewhere

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
It is, but I don’t see Kubalik holding much value to Philly and I would also like to add an NHL-competent LHD, with POJ being an appealing option on many levels. And personally, I would exhaust every option to trade Kubalik before looking to clear salary elsewhere

It’s probably why the Flyers were kicking around on Joseph previously.

Yeah, Kubalik to us directly probably does nothing unless the sweetener is what they want.

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
CAL is not bad, but VCR is terrible

Sometimes I genuinely don't know what teams he's referring to
I think he’s just trolling. All he did was switch it up… Vancouver is usually the first 3 letters VAN and Calgary is usually first middle and last letters CGY so he’s doing the opposite haha

But it’s dumb. Whenever is see CAL I think California and whenever I see VCR I think video cassette tapes

Reactions: YP44

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
These arguments are so funny, given the huge usage Noah Cates got last year. And Owen Tippett. And Cam York.

And Bobby Brink has this year. And Tyson Foerster this year.

but little ole Frost is discriminated against mmmmk
york the player who didn't come out of camp in 21-22 and sent to the farm? that york?

zamula must have discriminated game 2 lol

But at least flyers are looking at the young staal....

Breeze 44

Jan 20, 2007
South Jersey
Speak for yourself.

Most of the Flyers board sees Frost as a 2nd line C capable of being a 60 point guy, and Torts as a pile of shit.

Frost let the team in ES scoring last year....is that useful?
I agree with FlyguyOX, Frost is a 3 at best and needs to work on some parts of his game to keep that role, God forbid. York was sent down at the beginning of last season to get better on some things and he did and came up better for it. Take the benching, work harder and he'll be back .

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I agree with FlyguyOX, Frost is a 3 at best and needs to work on some parts of his game to keep that role, God forbid. York was sent down at the beginning of last season to get better on some things and he did and came up better for it. Take the benching, work harder and he'll be back .
So you are wrong too.

From mid Dec onward last year, when Frost was actually used as a top 6 forward, he produced. He led the Flyers in ES pts during that time and was 42nd in the league. He was tied with guys like RNH, Zegras and Kopitar. And he did that without playing much with the Flyers best winger in Konecny. Cates gets that honor. The same Cates who is pointless on the season with TK as his winger again this season and who has been on the ice for 5 of the 8 goals against this year. But Cates is Torts pet so can't be touched.

It was clear Torts chose Frost to be his whipping dog when he publically called him a toilet seat and scratched him in his hometown game with friends and family in attendance. And now Torts is continuing his mistreatment. Frost can be a 60 point guy in this league, but Torts may stop that from happening in a Flyers jersey.

Breeze 44

Jan 20, 2007
South Jersey
So you are wrong too.

From mid Dec onward last year, when Frost was actually used as a top 6 forward, he produced. He led the Flyers in ES pts during that time and was 42nd in the league. He was tied with guys like RNH, Zegras and Kopitar. And he did that without playing much with the Flyers best winger in Konecny. Cates gets that honor. The same Cates who is pointless on the season with TK as his winger again this season and who has been on the ice for 5 of the 8 goals against this year. But Cates is Torts pet so can't be touched.

It was clear Torts chose Frost to be his whipping dog when he publically called him a toilet seat and scratched him in his hometown game with friends and family in attendance. And now Torts is continuing his mistreatment. Frost can be a 60 point guy in this league, but Torts may stop that from happening in a Flyers jersey.

Again, that's YOUR opinion and we'll agree to disagree... I see him as a 3rd line center at best. So who was the coach that gave him that playing time LAST year? Maybe there's something that Torts saw from him last year and he's not doing now..some players feel like they don't have to do the little things after they feel they've made. I'm sure you're not a Voorhees for the practices, like I said, he'll be back in soon enough.

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
It makes me wonder what version of John Tortorella the people who dislike him see when they have been watching him work last season and this season thus far. What I have noticed is his enabling the younger players to earn the spots on the team. He hasn't been forcing veteran players whilst benching the younger players. He has been using every player who puts forth an effort to play. A player like Wade Allison is feeling the true Tort's dog house treatment by being demoted to LV, where the kind and patient Lappy has placed Allison in his own doghouse.
Some people here have stated that Tortorella "hates" Frost, that's just not true. Tort's see's more in Frost than Frost has been showing on the ice. As soon as Frost steps up, he will be the Flyers #2 C.

• Haha
Reactions: Curufinwe

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
It makes me wonder what version of John Tortorella the people who dislike him see when they have been watching him work last season and this season thus far. What I have noticed is his enabling the younger players to earn the spots on the team.
Foerster has been pretty useless so far, and hasn't earned anything. So your theory is not supported by facts, making it invalid. And until Staal and Ristolainen were both injured, they were only using one rookie dman in the lineup.

Torts always has at least one whipping boy, and with him sucessfully able to remove Hayes and DeAngelo from the roster (at great cost to the Flyers cap), Frost is the only current one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pantokrator

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
I don't know why the Pens would offer anything for Frost. Pretty soon the Flyers will be buying him out or something stupid like that. That's how we roll! People saying we are in a rebuild with a veteran team that is good enough to be mediocre.... Once we are sniffing a playoff spot in late January, we'll probably get some vets for a playoff run, only to fall short.

I assume with the start the Flyers have had the media will declare the 4 month rebuild a success and now we should push for a playoff spot.

Fletcher set this team up for failure for the next 4 years at least. How can you rebuild with players like Couturier, Konecny, Atkinson, Hart, Laughton and Sanheim? These players are too good to make the team really bad, but not good enough to make the team compete.

A real rebuild would require a slow getting rid of these players, but their contracts are too onerous. For starters, we have to wait for the offseason to trade Konecny and the 2025 trade deadline to get rid of Atkinson. The Philly media and fans are not that patient.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad