Proposal: PIT - PHL: POJ for Frost

TySmith4Norris

Oct 13, 2020
Pens and Flyers don't trade, but if they did - swap of 2017 1st round picks with similar value

Pens are desperate for bottom 6 scoring, have a bunch of 3LD

Flyers coaching staff is down on Frost and Marc Staal is playing a regular shift

TySmith4Norris

Oct 13, 2020
I would think Pens probably have to add a mid-late pick but also, how can they fit this under the cap?
If they send down Shea and Harkins it works with a 20 man roster, not sure how comfortable Dubas would be with that

Because Pittsburgh and Philly don't deal directly, assume cap would be resolved elsewhere in a 3 way deal similar to the Streit deal

pooch

May 30, 2017
I have no interest in any of this...trading with the Pens, POJ, scratching Frost or Torts.

Reactions: YP44

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Not paying a 1st for Frost. Frost is a top six forward. He can't play in the bottom six. I'd move a 1st for Laughton.
Why don’t you move a couple 1sts and Pickering and get an even better player than Laughton from Flyers.

Everyone here knows Penguins are legit contenders with Konecny

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
They wouldn't, because it's Pittsburgh

...but if they did, for the same reason that they would healthy scratch him

Because Torts has a raging hard on for scrubs? Briere thinks Frost belongs, he gave him the extension iirc. Torts hates him and thinks he sucks because he doesn’t play a heavy game.

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017
Because Torts has a raging hard on for scrubs? Briere thinks Frost belongs, he gave him the extension iirc. Torts hates him and thinks he sucks because he doesn’t play a heavy game.
Imagine if Torts coached the early 80's Oilers

Reactions: Pantokrator

TySmith4Norris

Oct 13, 2020
Frost is coming off a 46 point season, healthy scratch for a game or not, he just simply has much more value at this point in time than POJ. There have been plenty of weird healthy scratches to start this season so far, I wouldn't read too much into this one specifically
And Joseph had 21 points as a defenseman in less games last year, which I view as pretty similar

Can certainly think it won't happen, but don't think their value is that different

Ledge And Dairy

And Joseph had 21 points as a defenseman in less games last year, which I view as pretty similar

Can certainly think it won't happen, but don't think their value is that different
6 less games for a 25 point difference is pretty significant even factoring in that POJ is a defenseman. Frost is also a center which carries more positional value than a LD. I would say Pittsburgh probably has to add about a 2nd or a pair of 3rd round picks to even out a trade here

LegionOfGloom

Jun 9, 2021
Just here to bring awareness for the absurd abbreviation for philadelphia. Beyond me how I don't see anyone in here saying anything about it.

Carry on.
It's not the most common one but it's far from absurd. Among other things, it's the airport code for Philadelphia International.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
It's not the most common one but it's far from absurd. Among other things, it's the airport code for Philadelphia International.
Thats arguing like friedman when he does CAL instead of CGY...

Maybe absurd is too harsh, but the point still stands...I have absolutely never seen anyone use PHL for philly for hockey or any other sport, so I am not sure if it is even a little common.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Frost is coming off a 46 point season, healthy scratch for a game or not, he just simply has much more value at this point in time than POJ. There have been plenty of weird healthy scratches to start this season so far, I wouldn't read too much into this one specifically
Frost is for sure the better player than Jospeh but Frost in the Torts chateau le bow wow. Anyone who has ever watched Torts knows he would hate youth irrationally and love vets irrationally.

Great choice for a coach on a rebuilding team.

Reactions: Pantokrator

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad