Confirmed Trade: [PIT/OTT] Stefan Elliott and Tobias Lindberg for Macoy Erkamps and Ben Sexton

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Without looking at OP, I would have a 50/50 chance of guessing which team got which 2 players.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Ben Sexton's father Randy was one of the founders of the Ottawa Senators. He was one of the team's early General Mangers and is now an AGM in Buffalo. He played 2 NHL games last season. I won't pretend to know anything about how good he is, but given his resume, I'm guessing he's a solid AHL pro who might get a game or two in the NHL if enough injuries pile up, but doesn't have upside as a full time NHLer. The only reason his name sticks out to me as a member of our farm team is because of his family's historical connection to the Senators.

Sexton has been playing wing this off-season, he did post the best p/g total on Belleville last season, though. He was 11 points off of the team lead despite missing 46 games. Solid top 6er in the AHLer.

Reactions: danielpalfredsson

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Sexton has been playing wing this off-season, he did post the best p/g total on Belleville last season, though. He was 11 points off of the team lead despite missing 46 games. Solid top 6er in the AHLer.

Think he'll be wing here for WBS, especially after they reclaimed JS Dea,

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Pittsburgh sure is busy. I'm not sure what this trade accomplishes but JR is active at least lol.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I see the Leafs pulling this sort of deal off in the near future.

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
Ben Sexton's father Randy was one of the founders of the Ottawa Senators. He was one of the team's early General Mangers and is now an AGM in Buffalo. He played 2 NHL games last season. I won't pretend to know anything about how good he is, but given his resume, I'm guessing he's a solid AHL pro who might get a game or two in the NHL if enough injuries pile up, but doesn't have upside as a full time NHLer. The only reason his name sticks out to me as a member of our farm team is because of his family's historical connection to the Senators.
Not that it matters, but Randy was also the director of amateur scouting for the Pens.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Was my joke about this being the precursor to the Phil Kessel trade seriously deleted?

What the f***? I guess these boards are meant for serious discussions. So, let's discuss the latest legit Eklund trade rumors...

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
So Sens get Lindberg back lol? He was a supposed main piece from the Phaneuf trade lol.
That's not really saying much. Dumping Dion and not having to take back long term contracts was the goal. Lindberg was an okay prospect but never was anything special.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad