Confirmed Trade: [PIT/OTT] Stefan Elliott and Tobias Lindberg for Macoy Erkamps and Ben Sexton

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Why would Ottawa and/or Pitt even announce these trades? These players will never be up from the farm clubs, odd...

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
It seems like the Pens traded two decent AHL players for two even ****tier AHL players?

Someone explain this to me. Did Ottawa throw in some early bird special coupons for JR?

It's basically an AHL center being traded for an AHL RD and an AHL winger. The guy with the name that sounds like a Pokemon on Ottawa's side, Erkamps, he's apparently an ECHLer at this point, so he's probably just in there to even out the contracts.

I'm not following the AHL intently, but Logan Brown returned from injury a little while ago, and the Senators have quite a few centers in the AHL. Organizationally, we're not very deep at D, specifically at RD.

This is probably a nothing trade just meant to even out both sides AHL teams, but there is a small chance that this is the first domino to fall in something like a Cody Ceci trade, and the Senators are preparing to call up Wolanin or something so they wanted another veteran AHL defender to take his place. I wouldn't bet too much on that though, it's probably just nothing.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Does anyone have any idea who these guys on the Senators are? The Penguins guys are at least somewhat known as being former good prospects.

Ben Sexton's father Randy was one of the founders of the Ottawa Senators. He was one of the team's early General Mangers and is now an AGM in Buffalo. He played 2 NHL games last season. I won't pretend to know anything about how good he is, but given his resume, I'm guessing he's a solid AHL pro who might get a game or two in the NHL if enough injuries pile up, but doesn't have upside as a full time NHLer. The only reason his name sticks out to me as a member of our farm team is because of his family's historical connection to the Senators.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad