Friedman: [PIT] F Johan Larsson to sign with the Penguins

BuffaloSabresSword

May 11, 2011
will probably be one of the best signs of the day...hes that good at what he does
Thanks for Signing him didnt want him back in Buffalo . Big donkey who cant score but can play a limit 4 line role

Thanks for Signing him didnt want him back in Buffalo . Big donkey who cant score but can play a limit 4 line role
Because he cant score so basically worth….

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Why is this posted as "Confirmed Signing with Link"? The tweet doesn't show anything definitive

This is still not a confirmed deal.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Larsson’s name was on the Pens CF minors list but was taken off today, there also was no press release from the pens announcing the signing.

The deal fell though and Johan Larsson is still a UFA.

Last edited:

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Confirmed with link because Friedman said "sounds like". It's been over 24 hours...

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Likely waiting on a trade is what I'm betting, not unlike when JR traded Sutter for Bonino and then immediately was able to sign Fehr - and that handshake deal was already in place.

Reactions: Zbynek

Seiza

Feb 28, 2002
Sweden
Doesn't look like Pittsburgh is happening for Larsson. So he's still without a contract. Should be a good signing for many teams as a 3rd/4th liner. Any news on where he might be heading?

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I would take Larsson back on Arizona on a one-year and then trade him to you at the trade deadline.

I would also suggest Zucker + 2nd + 4th to AZ for a 7th to clear space, opening up enough cap to sign Larsson and maybe Rodrigues?

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I would take Larsson back on Arizona on a one-year and then trade him to you at the trade deadline.

I would also suggest Zucker + 2nd + 4th to AZ for a 7th to clear space, opening up enough cap to sign Larsson and maybe Rodrigues?

My belief is if they were going to trade Zucker to clear space, they would have done so by July 13th and then gone after another F (like Burakovsky) in free agency.

Acetylene

Every dog has it’s day
Jul 10, 2010
Sweden
I wonder if there is some injury issues with him that are not disclosed. He surely would have find a spot by now at that price.

Reactions: BHD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad