Confirmed Signing with Link: [PIT] F Jesse Puljujarvi signs with the Penguins (2 years, $800k AAV)

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
the original post that was created that bumped this thread has been deleted as it was aimed directly at oiler fans and was worded are way just to annoy oiler fans. Mods saw it and nuked it
Yeah I had seen the start so I wanted to bump this one but my quote didn't work was supposed to include that person's picture of 5 games 0 points so the 3 goals in two or whatever is worth it next to that

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
He was as good as anybody on the ice last night. He looked engaged and his skill is still pretty good. His hips are key here and it appears he is getting better health wise and big body RW with improved skating the last number of months. His top speed isn't much different than his younger days with the Oilers. But his 3rd line RW role fits him better than the expected stud top line player after the draft. To early to predict but he could be a real find here.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
1712719661620.png

Thought I'd check in. Even in last 5 games. 1 point in last 5 games. About 6 minutes a night.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think Puljujarvi could be a good bottom-6 contributor on a team with a strong bottom-6, like if you played him with 2016 Matt Cullen he'd be able to provide good value (like 10 goals and 25 points in 82 games) on the 4th line. As is, he's a decent enough depth piece that doesn't really move the needle.

I think he's a 13th forward next year but probably goes to Europe after that. Without the past hype around him, he'd be an entirely forgettable depth player like Scott Wilson or Tom Kuhnhackl.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
I think Puljujarvi could be a good bottom-6 contributor on a team with a strong bottom-6, like if you played him with 2016 Matt Cullen he'd be able to provide good value (like 10 goals and 25 points in 82 games) on the 4th line. As is, he's a decent enough depth piece that doesn't really move the needle.

I think he's a 13th forward next year but probably goes to Europe after that. Without the past hype around him, he'd be an entirely forgettable depth player like Scott Wilson or Tom Kuhnhackl.
A worthy experiment for the pens but one that can be buried in the minors at no cap hit. If it works, great. If it fails, we've lost nothing of note.

OtherThingsILike

May 6, 2020
Pittsburgh
As far as I'm concerned, I'm not making up my mind about him until next season.
Major surgery is not good for players; even if they're 'healthy', they're never at 100%. Let him get an offseason of conditioning and a full training camp with the team.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad