Proposal: PIT and TOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Lol I didn’t see the Crosby at first and was about to say this was probably the worst trade proposal I’ve seen

I don’t think Crosby gets traded, he’s retiring in Pittsburgh

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Agreed. Not going into the additional pieces here but this isn't NHL 2022 where you can trade your 34 year old HOF that is on the downswing for a 25 year old on the upswing.

Crosby is an all timer, but his value is more to Pittsburgh for what he has delivered and built there historically than it would be to a team like Toronto that is trying to win now.

Actually, wouldn't adding Crosby be exactly what a team that wants to *win now* want?

Because Robertson and a 1st do Toronto absolutely nothing with regards to "win now".

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
I think the lesson to be learned here is that some proposals are not done by a fan of one of the teams involved. I can’t believe this needs to be explained.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
it would be a valid counter in 10 years when Matthews is the same age that Crosby is now.
Matthews is elite and the best pure goal scorer in the game today ( although Ovie doesn't stop) but to get sid on the leafs would make them a top cup contender instantly and wouod require a massive pay day for the pens....the color of the sky in this world remains to be seen

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
Matthews is elite and the best pure goal scorer in the game today ( although Ovie doesn't stop) but to get sid on the leafs would make them a top cup contender instantly and wouod require a massive pay day for the pens....the color of the sky in this world remains to be seen
Crosby would do nothing to help the defensive lapses by the Leafs defense which is often the main reason they surrender goals. ...as scary as it sounds, moreso than the other team 'earning' them.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Crosby would do nothing to help the defensive lapses by the Leafs defense which is often the main reason they surrender goals. ...as scary as it sounds, moreso than the other team 'earning' them.
Crosby is widely recognized as one of the best 2 way centers in the game. He plays both sides of the ice. You are completely wrong. His presence alone would improve them and his stellar play on both sides of the puck only makes them better .

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Agreed. Not going into the additional pieces here but this isn't NHL 2022 where you can trade your 34 year old HOF that is on the downswing for a 25 year old on the upswing.

Crosby is an all timer, but his value is more to Pittsburgh for what he has delivered and built there historically than it would be to a team like Toronto that is trying to win now.

If I want to "win now" I'd take today's Crosby over any current Leaf player. Not talking about future, talking about 2021 and 2022 playoffs. Obviously if you trade a big package for Crosby your window shrinks, but you'd have a great shot to win in the next couple of years.

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
Crosby is widely recognized as one of the best 2 way centers in the game. He plays both sides of the ice. You are completely wrong. His presence alone would improve them and his stellar play on both sides of the puck only makes them better .
Leafs could add Crosby, and Bergeron, and Toews etc, and none of that will stop a defenseman from giving the puck away in a danger spot, and a 3 second goal.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Leafs could add Crosby, and Bergeron, and Toews etc, and none of that will stop a defenseman from giving the puck away in a danger spot, and a 3 second goal.
Neither could tampa Boston Vegas Colorado etc...point is adding any of those especially crosby instantly turns the leafs into a favorite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad