Speculation: Pietrangelo's future (reports: to go to FA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Jr writing and talking is on the top notch now.

Now he speaks what info and his feels about it.

Old days he sucked Hitch thumb and cleaned Army's shoes and head. Write what only favor Blues front Office. Everything is done right way, zero negativity.

BlueKnight

Apr 19, 2015
Alberta, Canada
I just finished reading a article by JR in the Athletic.

JR spoke to an agent who said: He’s gonna leave... I just feel like this is one of those things where it should get done but doesn't. it’s stupid that it won’t because of everyone’s f***ing egos and pride it’s not going to get resolved.

After reading that quote, Honestly that's the point where I'm getting too.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada

JR spoke to an agent who said: He’s gonna leave... I just feel like this is one of those things where it should get done but doesn't. it’s stupid that it won’t because of everyone’s f***ing egos and pride it’s not going to get resolved.

If there is any truth to this report, then maybe Armstrong should be fired. If this comes down to egos, it is entirely inexcusable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ranksu

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015

Nowhere in that article on the Athletic does it have a quote anything like what you have typed here. The closest thing I can find is this final paragraph:

It’s a really hard one to answer. I’m going to say he leaves. Just knowing (Pietrangelo’s agency), and knowing Doug, I just feel like this is one of those things where it should get done, and it’s stupid that it doesn’t get done, but for some reason I feel like it’s not gonna. I think you’ve got a very proud general manager and a very experienced, proud agent and a very experienced, proud player, and that’s why I feel like there’s a good chance this doesn’t get resolved.

Is that what you are trying to paraphrase?

Xanadude

Jun 12, 2018
Ballwin
+

Goodbye Petro. Thanks for the cup. :nod:
If they're holding fast to 9+, I'm with you. Megacontracts are a gamble, and this contract covers Pietrangelo in his 30s. He's for sure worth 9 mil a year now, but even three years from now that may not be the case, and we'd need to move tons of players out to afford a eight figure Petro.

Again, my preference is using Tarasenko's LTIR money to sign Petro to anything up to 9 mil and worry about cap dumping Bozak or whoever when 91 is ready to return, which should be midseason where some teams may be desparate for a stopgap 3C and Perunovich/Mikkola may have made Dunn even more expendable.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Here is last JR article about Pietro.

Really good article imo, I liked how Dom get throught about how Pietro could decline and end of day his last 2 seasons could be bad, but overally Pietro mature well and shouldn't be problematic.

Last edited by a moderator:

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
If there is any truth to this report, then maybe Armstrong should be fired. If this comes down to egos, it is entirely inexcusable.
If the conclusions drawn by that anonymous agent are true, there is plenty of blame to go around on both sides. I'm never in favor of undercutting a direct report, but this seems like a situation where Stillman should reach out to the player (not the agent) and see what Petro is really hung up on, and either tell him he supports his GM and they're not going to be able to make it work, or go back to Army and tell him "I know you don't want to give in and give the player 'X, Y and Z' but it is important to me and to the franchise that you make this exception and do it." There is absolutely no excuse for a reasonable deal not to be worked out if the player and the owner agree in principle just because the GM and the agent can't work past their differences. You don't do this for every player, but I think this is the one rare exception where, as the owner, you take this step to mediate between the two sides to get the right outcome.

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
Interesting that in the past week Newport has removed Schwartz from their website.
F these Newport guys. That is Schwartz saying he bleeds blue. Scheen did this and got a very good 8 year contract within a week. Petro would be signed if he didn’t let these dipshits hardball “his” team.

Reactions: Blueston

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
if Petro is sticking with 9+, then that is on HIM and his ego/desire to cash in on his last contract - not Army nor his agent
It sure looks like from here that Newport and Petro have not modified their demands at all
EVERY dman making above 8.25 has won a Norris
and all had their salaries negotiated as the cap went up, not during this current uncertainty
if he goes to Toronto, then he was going there all along and that is not on Army
if he goes to Fla or Det then it is about the money/ego and that is also not on Army
those are his decisions to make, and I don't personally have a problem with that whatever way it goes but..
the "I really want to stay but I feel disrespected" crap is complete bullpoop, it is either a negotiating ploy or an out of control, Mr Jack Inthebox head sized ego

SaintLouHaintBlue

Have another donut
Feb 22, 2014
Michigan
Pietrangelo walks. The Blues sign Brodie/Tanev for 5+ years and we hear all offseason about depth and being a team of "well paid players" "liking our group" and Tarasenko being "as good as a trade". Finish 3rd in the Central and lose in the first round.

What's the most exciting thing that can happen?
- for better or worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad