Monster
Whammo!
el-Kabong
Real Deal
mentions a Staal brother who isn't playing
reminds us who wanted Downie in the draft
giggles at any point during the game

please add your own

:biglaugh: I love it how he kept talking about Bob Clarke telling him he was going off the board to pick Downie with his pick... he said that like 4 times over the course of the game.

Another thing... does he not have the monsters anymore for this tourney or whats with that?

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
The newly revised Pierre McGuire drinking game

Drink when he says:

Phaneuf
Dion
Parise
Monster
Whammo!
el-Kabong
Real Deal

please add your own

Removing the Center Line
Bails out
any Sutter Brother
How he Loves Vancouver
The Dynasty in Nashville

espo*

Joe Hallenback said:
Removing the Center Line
Bails out
any Sutter Brother
How he Loves Vancouver
The Dynasty in Nashville
Removing the centre line would seem to be gone from his bag of tricks this year.He got what he wanted so he's off that track this year.The only way i can see him bringing it out this year is to maybe toot his own horn by mentioing just how much better the game is without it.

Last year,it was in a dead heat with Dion for most mentioned subject and love with him.

DaveyCrockett

Dec 8, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
According to Pierre, every damn player is special. If I took a shot for every time he called a player "special", I would be in the emergency room by the end of the game.

firstroundbust

lacks explosiveness
Mar 3, 2004
Parts Unknown
arrbez said:

Drink when he says:

Phaneuf
Dion
Parise
Monster
Whammo!
el-Kabong
Real Deal

please add your own

I watched the first period with my dad (it was shown after the US game) and my dad turned to me and said, "really, who the hell says "el-kabong"?"

Avery4Byng*

Joe Hallenback said:
Removing the Center Line
Bails out
any Sutter Brother
How he Loves Vancouver
The Dynasty in Nashville
How many Memorial Cup's Blake Comeau has played in
BC is his home for the next month, might want to move here (heaven forbid)

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Definitely going to be Jonathan Toews IMO.

He showed it in the exhibition games and I think the more and more the tournament goes on, Toews will become possibly our main offensive weapon, thus making himthe prime target of Pierre's desire.

Another word to add to the Pierre drinking game is "torpedo". Loves to use it in the context of a big hit or big shot.

espo*

I have to wonder at this early stage how much he'll refer to Cogliano's skating ability as "Dave Keon like" too.That looks like it'll be one of his pet remarks this year too.

creative giant*

As much as it pains me to listen to him, it's even worse watching him do an interview. He'll sit there with that smug look on his face and nod like an idiot the entire time.

TSN's broadcast of the wjc is great except for this fool. I don't know why they keep him around

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
arrbez said:

Drink when he says:

Phaneuf
Dion
Parise
Monster
Whammo!
el-Kabong
Real Deal

please add your own

:biglaugh:

puck-poise
big body presence

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
I'm pretty sure this is better than the Top Gun drinking game, which I felt was the pinnacle of organized tv-based drinking up until this point.

David

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
"under duress" - does Pierre even know what this word means?

And for Bob - "Having said that..."

:) ...all in good fun though...I like both of these guys...

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
cyclops said:
Did anyone happen to catch Bobs burn of Pierre when Pierre was going on about some player reminding him of this other player and Gord chimes in saying"Pierre,you're always saying some player reminds you of another".Then Bob chirps"Pierre,you remind me of Dick Vitale"

I think it was the best part of the night.

book-livingTHorangeBKGD.gif

Also that PM drinking game will get a lot of people miss the end of the game :D All funny but i dont mind him , hes ok .

Newfie John

Hall of Famer
Jul 3, 2005
I don't know if Bob Mckenzie still lurks around here but if he does I'm sure he'd have to show this to Pierre. This thread is hilarious.

I like Pierre though. He has an incredible passion for the game and it shows through when he helps call the game.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Newfie John said:
I'm sure he'd have to show this to Pierre.

Newfie John said:
I like Pierre though. He has an incredible passion for the game and it shows through when he helps call the game.

sucking a bit there? ;)

I find him pretty damn annoying myself

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I loved McGuire's slow but steady backtracking on Kessel not being a good distributor of the puck during the Norway game. In addition to having the skating ability of Pat LaFontaine and the shot of Brett Hull, he also apparently has the passing ability of Dale Hawerchuk! :biglaugh:

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Newfie John said:
I don't know if Bob Mckenzie still lurks around here but if he does I'm sure he'd have to show this to Pierre. This thread is hilarious.

Gord Miller posts here sometimes

Aarex

Feb 29, 2004
Regina, Saskatchewan
arrbez said:

Drink when he says:

Phaneuf
Dion
Parise
Monster
Whammo!
el-Kabong
Real Deal

please add your own

Good god, are you trying to give us alchohol poisoning?

espo*

Jozeph_Balej said:
book-livingTHorangeBKGD.gif

Also that PM drinking game will get a lot of people miss the end of the game :D All funny but i dont mind him , hes ok .
lOL.Bob was spot on eh? hell,they even look like brothers.

Kasparov*

I was just reading this whole thread for like 10minutes and i've been laughing my *** off, thanks guys :)

Pierre Mcguire kicks ***.

espo*

Rabid Ranger said:
I loved McGuire's slow but steady backtracking on Kessel not being a good distributor of the puck during the Norway game. In addition to having the skating ability of Pat LaFontaine and the shot of Brett Hull, he also apparently has the passing ability of Dale Hawerchuk! :biglaugh:
Yep,i've noticed that too.He's gone from Russ Courtnall in his passing to Dale Hawerchuk all in one game.

Another 2-3 assists today and he'll move into Craig Janney territory i think.Stay tuned.

Kasparov*

cyclops said:
Yep,i've noticed that too.He's gone from Russ Courtnall in his passing to Dale Hawerchuk all in one game.

Another 2-3 assists today and he'll move into Craig Janney territory i think.Stay tuned.

By the way, you sir, are one of my favorite posters on this site.. just saying. :innocent:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad