TSN: Pierre McGuire fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Seriously, this is just dumb. I know people like to bash the guy but go ahead and explain.
It’s BS. They screwed him over in buffalo before getting a chance to follow through with the many improvements he made. He should have been our gm. Dorion was and is the buffoon. Was clear to me at least from day 0. Anyway…don’t really want to go down this road again. It’s just ridiculous how people spew this crap.
Eh, T.Murr brought in a bunch of guys that had off ice issues, it's one thing to bring in a struggling guy and give him a second chance with loads of support, it's another to put them all in one place.

Lehner was struggling with mental health and I believe substance abuse
O'Reilly was holding out on his up and coming team and crashed his car into the tim hortons while driving under the influence
E.Kane was a well know Dbag
He hired Ted Nolan only to scape goat him pretty much right away.

He tops it all off by publicly complaining about losing the lottery and missing out on McDavid (after actively tanking no less), must be great to hear that as a 18 year old highly touted 2nd OA in Jack Eichel.

I mean, is/was he better than Dorion? maybe, tough choice. But I don't really want T.Murr anywhere near the GM role here.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
I really think if you fired Dorion, hired a solid NHL GM (Bergevin) brought in Alfie as President, Spezza as a special advisor/VP and beefed up a bit of the scouting the team would be good going forward.

Dorion is a major problem: he’s the tea bag in this toxic brew
LOL

Reactions: Sweatred

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
I think it is becoming abundantly clear that the one main rotten theme with this team is PD. He needs to GTFO.
You know, I have no idea if these stories are all true but I'd welcome an experienced GM with open arms. This thing needs to get over the finish line, hire a few top level execs and let's put the finishing touches on competitiveness. The only problem is who's available and would want this job? Haven't really seen a list of candidates floated around.

Reactions: Pancakes Pancakes

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Team isn't going to have a President named, that's not happening until a sale

Eventually a President will be named. And until then, Dorion's job is most likely safe since who in the organization currently has the expertise to name a replacement?

Assen na yo!

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I could not give two shits about Pierre McGuire being fired; he should never have been hired.

However, the mental gymnastics being done in order to maintain that the rebuild is going swimmingly, and ALSO support the firing of 1 out 2 senior hockey personnel must be pretty spectacular.

Reactions: Cosmix

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Eventually a President will be named. And until then, Dorion's job is most likely safe since who in the organization currently has the expertise to name a replacement?

Assen na yo!
President won’t be named until new ownership is in place, or we figure out that new ownership isn’t coming in.

New ownership isn’t happening anytime soon, and if new ownership isn’t coming in, Dorion is going nowhere.

The McGuire firing all but seals the deal that Dorion has nothing to worry about anytime soon, it’s not a good thing.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Part of me wants Dorion fired but part of me wants to see the Senators win a cup with him as G.M just because it would literally make for an amazing documentary in the future.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
It’s not scapegoating IMO, it’s Dorion getting rid of someone under contract that could step in and do his job. Don’t overthink this, just PD eliminating the competition.

Considering his father died rather young of heart issues, the organization really should have someone who could step in for him in case something tragic occurs. Right now there's no one who comes close to having the experience necessary for that role.

Assen na yo!

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I picture McGurie running on to the stage tonight dressed as Deadpool & tries to overturn the lottery ball machine, but doesn't have the strength to lift it & as he tries to escape Dorion tackles him on stage, rips off his mask & gives him a backhander across the face & the letters SLAP appear in a bubble across television screens everywhere.

Did anyone else try the mushroom soup?

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Tell that to Brucie. This is from his latest article
If you are relying on BG as your assertion that PD fired PM, that’s okay, I guess…. But most of us know that PD is not in any position to fire anyone at his level or higher, on the managerial hierarchy….. that’s just common sense.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Team isn't going to have a President named, that's not happening until a sale

New ownership isn’t happening anytime soon, and if new ownership isn’t coming in, Dorion is going nowhere.

There is new ownership…. The two Daughters are the new owners…..

team is not for sale…. Team does not currently have a “President “…. So pretty sure there will be one named in the not to distant future.

team may remain in the family for a long time….. or be sold at an opportune time….. buy low, sell high.

Reactions: aragorn

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
team is not for sale…. Team does not currently have a “President “…. So pretty sure there will be one named in the not to distant future.

team may remain in the family for a long time….. or be sold at an opportune time….. buy low, sell high.
The team hasn't had a president in close to a decade....

Thanks for the great insight :laugh:

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
The recently deceased Owner, took on the Presidency…..

I'm talking Hockey Ops, you're talking President. Hockey Ops is what will dictate Dorion's future

A new Anselmi has nothing to do with Dorion getting canned, especially with the same ownership at the helm.

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
is not in any position to fire anyone at his level or higher, on the managerial hierarchy….. that’s just common sense.
Pierre McGuire was VP player development, and reported to Dorion from what was said at the time of his hiring. Hard to know exactly what the managerial hierarchy is, player development is usually one area of responsibily of the AGM so one would think the GM would be above the Player dev wing of management.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad