WJC: Pierre McGuire Drinking Game

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
"(Player's Name) has got to be better'n that, and he knows it."

Similarly, "That's just not good enough from (player's full name)".

Also any time McGuire gets a penalty call wrong and then apologizes to the first player, e.g. "looks like Couturier is getting a penalty for hooking...no wait it's Schwartz. Schwartz is getting the call. My apologies to Sean Couturier."

Finally, "(player name) just gets it" needs to be included.

JustGivingEr

How far we done fell
Aug 17, 2009
Hamsterdam
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet but definitely a drink every time Pierre says something like "Ryan Ellis could run an NHL powerplay right now"

Celtic Cross

Jan 29, 2010
Hamilton, ON
So far it seems that Pierre has a hard on for Schwartz & Leblanc, and i have a feeling ill be doing a lot of drink by the end of the game/ end of tourni lol... going to the game at the ACC tomorrow night WOOO

sg58

Jul 15, 2008
Player X from the outstanding junior program of X, X who produced player X. His parents should be very proud.

Despite all the things you know he's gonna say, he's very knowledgeable and I love hearing him call the games. I'm sure he'll think that is a magical compliment.

puckfan13

Jan 18, 2010
So can it actually be confirmed by someone in this thread that abiding by these rules will get me and my buddies pretty messy? We don't want to actually play it if we are just sitting around having like two drinks every period.

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
So can it actually be confirmed by someone in this thread that abiding by these rules will get me and my buddies pretty messy? We don't want to actually play it if we are just sitting around having like two drinks every period.

If you're still able to keep drinking after the second intermission, you're not playing properly.

Avery4Byng*

thanks pierre for being a bit normal tonight and keeping us all sober. idiot.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
thanks pierre for being a bit normal tonight and keeping us all sober. idiot.

Seriously, what was that about? I wanted to get an idea of what to expect when getting to play the game with the guys and looked out for relevant sentences. Didn't catch anything after I tuned in midway through the 2nd... :rant: Wasn't completely focussed, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad