Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
pierredrinkinggame1.jpg

Lets update this some,

Maybe add Gudbranson, Leblanc, Ellis...

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
in the pregame show he guarantees that ______ player dominates or will be the one player the other team has to control. And ______ player does nothing significant.

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Jordan Eberle will probably remain as the most mentioned player of the tournament, so he should be added as well.

Each time he compares Schwartz to Eberle = 2 drinks.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
none of those are really tournament-specific. Should all work every year. Maybe add eberle to the 1 pters.

edit: I see it's been covered above me.

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
I wonder who he'll have an absolute man crush on this year now that Eberle is gone. Any suggestions?

Schwartz seems to be the frontrunner but Ellis should get his fair share of love as well.

And each time Jared Cowen from Allan, Saskatchewan who plays for the Spokane Chiefs of the Western Hockey League makes a routine defensive play I'm sure we'll be treated to impassioned commentary on how his play has improved because of the good job the coaching staff headed by Don Nachbaur down in Spokane is doing and how much he learned from last year at the tournament in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan etc.

huge*

i play this every year. i have it printed out on my fridge. its been there for as long as i can remember. i even play during nhl regular season #drinkingproblem

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Schwartz seems to be the frontrunner but Ellis should get his fair share of love as well.

When you think about Jared Cowen from Allan, Saskatchewan who plays for the Spokane Chiefs of the Western Hockey League makes a routine defensive play I'm sure we'll be treated to impassioned commentary on how his play has improved because when you think about the coaching staff headed by Don Nachbaur down in Spokane is doing and how much he learned from last year at the tournament in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan etc.

Fixed. :laugh:

Jedrik

Aug 14, 2005
I play every year. I don't think we've ever been able through the whole game.

i play this every year. i have it printed out on my fridge. its been there for as long as i can remember. i even play during nhl regular season #drinkingproblem

Ok, I just didn't want to show up on gameday, bottle in hand, and be the only one.

Speaking of Pierre's repertoire, my memory of the WJs is fuzzy (for unrelated reasons), but he does add a few new zingers here and there throughout the NHL season. Big Word of the Day Syndrome, for instance -- 'apoplectic', being one.

A word like that should be a single drink followed by an immediate two minute nap, in case he goes into one of his repeating sessions.

I might this year if the Caps don't pick it up soon.:shakehead

Oh you're a Caps fan. I recognize your name/avatar from the main board a while back and assumed you were a Wings fan. Feel free to run a tab now;)

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

I like Pierre McGuire. I think he and Gord Miller are terrific together and the best team in hockey. I was disappointed when TSN broke them up for the Olympics and for NHL games.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
I wonder who he'll have an absolute man crush on this year now that Eberle is gone. Any suggestions?

It's already Schwartz. He's already said several times Schwartz reminds him of Eberle. Face it, McGuire sees a kid putting up some pretty star-prospect calibre numbers as an 18 year old freshmen coming of his draft where he wasn't picked in the top 10...that's Pierre's champion. He's a guy most Canadians watching won't have a read on yet...so Pierre's going to introduce them to him as long as he's playing well. And I think Schwartz is for real.

TSN will fall in love with Erik Gudbranson is he turns his game up. At the start of camp the attention was square and center on him to the point that he was the only non-returning player fielding questions about captaincy.

Leviathan

Nov 25, 2008
What about Sean Couturier? McGuire always falls in love with the top prospect. Case in point: he basically gave Tavares all the credit for the Eberle tying goal vs Russia in the semis two years ago. Also case in point: when Hall scored a goal in the round robin he said 'that just solidified him as the number one overall pick!' Couturier might not be flashy enough of a player, but we'll see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad