News Article: Pierre McGuire: “You’ll be seeing a lot of me

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I know we all
Hate on Dorion. Me included. All deserves. But what’s the move to make right now? There’s no righting this ship at the moment. Is anyone moving our first for help? No. Trading one of our top young players for help? No

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
At this point in time you have to go with the flow. Give more minutes to players on expiring deals to pad their stats to sell at the deadline.
Come March bring up some younger players. Draft a player ready to go and then address the issues in the off season. Do not wait till training camp to negotiate with Norris.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
the move should have been pay a premium and get eichel

We need a legitimate number 1 center

I would look now at teams like MTL who may dismantle. Player like Toffoli or grab a vet D to play with Sanderson

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013

I would look now at teams like MTL who may dismantle. Player like Toffoli or grab a vet D to play with Sanderson

Peyton Krebs + Alex Tuch + Late first + Late 2nd.

If the Sens drafted someone serious last year at 10 that could helped substituting Krebs. Swap Tuch for Formenton, and late first and second for two high seconds and Grieg, we likely could have had Eichel.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008

If the Sens drafted someone serious last year at 10 that could helped substituting Krebs. Swap Tuch for Formenton, and late first and second for two high seconds and Grieg, we likely could have had Eichel.
Ya and all those picks to me are expendable. I know lots of people like Greig but we also have Pinto and Norris down the middle who would be great 2 C and 3C on a contender.

Eichel
Wright/Savoie
Norris
Pinto

down the middle gives us a long run imo

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
I know we all
Hate on Dorion. Me included. All deserves. But what’s the move to make right now? There’s no righting this ship at the moment. Is anyone moving our first for help? No. Trading one of our top young players for help? No

The right move is to have someone capable of righting the ship as the captain of the ship. Someone who can build a pro scouting team. Someone who can make trades to shore up the depth while not mortgaging the future. Someone who won't bring in overpaid veterans. Someone capable of evaluating and hiring a quality coaching staff.

assennayo

Reactions: HSF

Chabottawa72

Sep 20, 2019
Saint John NB
this team has done nothing to move forward...we will always just be floating above water and right now we have numerous holes and taking on water!

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I know we all
This organization needs a new culture, one with actual leadership. Thats a start, they need a culture change. Then the moves follow after that.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Finally found Pierre:
rd3uhjV.jpeg

And here sitting away from the other Pierre:

upload_2021-12-2_10-48-16.png

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

In what world is Formenton the equivlant of Tuch?.... I get it people want Eichel but man oh man some of these evaluations. Batherson is a similar level player to Tuch. Tuch can dominate games and look like the best player on the ice. The sens have very few equivlants.

Does anyone actually think Eichel a guy who forced his way out of Buffalo really wants to be here?...

This entire organization needs an overhaul.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
As fas as on-ice is concerned, tell the coaching staff to play the trap and start getting a structure with whoever will stil be here next year. Everything has to be about playing better defensively for all the skaters, no point in trying to win games anymore, tank and work on basic D until things change.

Identify who in management is not getting fired as soon as the last game is over and do a roster freeze: no one leaves except for shipping out expiring contracts.

Start looking for a new GM right away and get Melnyk to understand it is going to be expensive but there is no other option unless the goal is to pull a Nordiques and sell a young core for relocation.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
I’ve hoped for it the day it was announced he was joining the Sens.

We already know what we have in Dorion, I’d honestly accept anyone else. Worse case scenario we have someone as bad as Dorion.
That's not the worst case scenario, the worst case scenario is we waste the next couple of years with someone as bad as Dorion and lose all the valuable age advantages we have with our young core. They need to get someone to take this thing over the finish line but I just don't see it happening. You need a POHO, senior advisors, experienced GM and AGMs, better pro scouts, better coaching staff, etc. We're so far away from that point and I don't see Melnyk greenlighting a +$10-$15 million increase to the front office budget to get all those people in place before the offseason starts. On top of paying out the rest of the contracts of PD and DJ + staff.

Reactions: Alex1234

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I know we all

The hell? Firing Dorion is basically essential to this team moving forward. Doesn't even matter what happens afterwards.

Reactions: Speatleysson

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com

Easy to say that but would Melnyk sign off on paying him his contract?

That's the issue with so many Sens fans. We fantasize about all these big names but never thinking about the reality of the situation when it comes to Melnyk and $$$$

Speatleysson

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa, Ontario
Easy to say that but would Melnyk sign off on paying him his contract?

That's the issue with so many Sens fans. We fantasize about all these big names but never thinking about the reality of the situation when it comes to Melnyk and $$$$

The big issue with that proposition is that Eichel would not agree to come to Ottawa. Why the hell would you come to Ottawa if you are Jack Eichel? He literally just experienced this crap in Buffalo and wants to win.

Reactions: DJB

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
The big issue with that proposition is that Eichel would not agree to come to Ottawa. Why the hell would you come to Ottawa if you are Jack Eichel? He literally just experienced this crap in Buffalo and wants to win.

Very true, plus regardless if a team makes the best offer for a player, for some reason GM's and owners are always scared to trade a player within the Conference and certainly the division

Reactions: Speatleysson

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
This organization needs a new culture, one with actual leadership. Thats a start, they need a culture change. Then the moves follow after that.
"Culture" and "leadership" are how we ened up with Boucher over Sillinger, and Brady at 8.5M. Neither of those things are likely the to become the reason Ottawa shifts into an over .500 team in the next two years - or year 4-5 of our rebuild.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
"Culture" and "leadership" are how we ened up with Boucher over Sillinger, and Brady at 8.5M. Neither of those things are likely the to become the reason Ottawa shifts into an over .500 team in the next two years - or year 4-5 of our rebuild.
I truly dont think you understand what a good organizational hockey culture is if you think thats why they ended up with those players. Or even how that refers to what I am talking about.

Organizational culture is about treating your employees and personnel with respect. Having a place where strong hockey minds and people want to come to work towards a common goal. Where people's identities in their jobs fit and they want to exceed and excel in them. This organization is the opposite of that right now. Continuity and job security while performing at a high level should be of the utmost important. The trickle down into player personel and management decisions will follow if the top is well run and organized.

Exhibit A. Ottawa does not let Capuano interview for a head coaching job.

Exhibit B. Tampa allows all of its assistant coachs and executives interview with other organizations when they have the potential to move their careers forward.

LudwigVonKarlsson

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
I truly dont think you understand what a good organizational hockey culture is if you think thats why they ended up with those players. Or even how that refers to what I am talking about.

Organizational culture is about treating your employees and personnel with respect. Having a place where strong hockey minds and people want to come to work towards a common goal. Where people's identities in their jobs fit and they want to exceed and excel in them. This organization is the opposite of that right now. Continuity and job security while performing at a high level should be of the utmost important. The trickle down into player personel and management decisions will follow if the top is well run and organized.

Exhibit A. Ottawa does not let Capuano interview for a head coaching job.

Exhibit B. Tampa allows all of its assistant coachs and executives interview with other organizations when they have the potential to move their careers forward.

It's obvious that management thinks they are building a "culture" of high character guys instead of players that high skill but question marks in other areas. You see it in who they draft, trade for, and who they sign for in free agency, too bad this culture doesn't extend towards upper management since they don't give af about making this team better or holding anyone accountable for their incompetence.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
i feel like it was alluded to on the radio or in one of the interview McGuire did shortly after. That was my impression but maybe we misunderstood

You could be right, the man certainly says a lot of things and is super positive about it all.

In the end I think he wants to be so much more than a public figure head of the organization and will be focusing on his hockey business related skills.

Presumably he covets a higher profile position eventually, and he wouldn’t want to be pigeon holed as a media guy if that’s the case.

In the end I really don’t see PM as being a front office leader at this point either. Let him quietly go about his business for a while and get the hang of management again after all of those years away.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary

No thanks... We don't need Eichel.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2