News Article: Pierre McGuire: “You’ll be seeing a lot of me

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
i think most ppl are missing the point that McGuire HIMSELF said we would be hearing from him a lot. So this expectation, though not typical of a director of development or whatever bogus title they want to hand him, is entirely established by McGuire, not the fans.
Direct quotes from the interview, given to Quinte News in Belleville:
"The truth of the matter is I want to try and get on the road with the players too. I want them to know that every day when they come to work, someone from the big team is watching them and it's not just through videotape, it's through hands-on, boots-on-the-ground scouting. So you'll see me a fair bit, I'm going to try to get to a lot of practices soon — not just games, practices."

I interpret this as talking directly to the interviewer in saying, "you'll see me a fair bit at the arena, watching games and scouting."

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I'm saying why bring in a media guy like Mcguire if all he's doing is hanging around Belleville? I'm sure he'd doing something regarding player development, but it's not really what Pierre is good at.

How do you know he's not good at that? You're just making stuff up, and it's kind of pathetic. Find something better to complain about

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
i think most ppl are missing the point that McGuire HIMSELF said we would be hearing from him a lot. So this expectation, though not typical of a director of development or whatever bogus title they want to hand him, is entirely established by McGuire, not the fans.

same goes for Pierre Sr. with his ‘rebuild is over’ messaging. They set this unrealistic expectation, should answer for their assessments
It's ok to want more transparency from the organization but that also doesn't mean they are doing their actual job because they aren't talking to the media.

How do you know he's not good at that? You're just making stuff up, and it's kind of pathetic. Find something better to complain about
100 Percent. How does @L'Aveuglette have any clue about what McGuire is good at regarding player development. Do you think they gave him the player development title for no reason? The communications officer is doing the job you are describing.

Complain about the record, the defense, the GM. There is a myriad of options, don't make some up because you simply feel like it.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
What can management say?

I agree it would be nice to hear from someone but we all know why things are going sideways: not enough money and attracting good players to come here is almost impossible.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
What can management say?

I agree it would be nice to hear from someone but we all know why things are going sideways: not enough money and attracting good players to come here is almost impossible.
It's not about what they'll say — we all know they'll deflect, dodge, blame outside circumstances. At this point it's less about the content of them speaking and more the optics. The only thing worse than empty platitudes is hiding in the shadows and not taking accountability.

Reactions: Emerica

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria

same goes for Pierre Sr. with his ‘rebuild is over’ messaging. They set this unrealistic expectation, should answer for their assessments

He said “seeing” a lot of him, at the rink. He even said himself “at he rink”.

Not sure he said ‘hearing a lot of me in the media’, but maybe I missed that bit.

Reactions: Loach

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
He said “seeing” a lot of him, at the rink. He even said himself “at he rink”.

Not sure he said ‘hearing a lot of me in the media’, but maybe I missed that bit.

i feel like it was alluded to on the radio or in one of the interview McGuire did shortly after. That was my impression but maybe we misunderstood

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The only thing we have to understand is Pierre McGuire works for Pierre Dorion. Pierre McGuire will speak to the media when Pierre Dorion feels Pierre McGuire will not be asked questions that he himself should be answering.

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
The only thing we have to understand is Pierre McGuire works for Pierre Dorion. Pierre McGuire will speak to the media when Pierre Dorion feels Pierre McGuire will not be asked questions that he himself should be answering.

Think the exact same, god forbid he speaks to media without Dorion crafting the conversation. Don't worry BG or Bob will have an interview in a few weeks.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Think the exact same, god forbid he speaks to media without Dorion crafting the conversation. Don't worry BG or Bob will have an interview in a few weeks.
Maybe bowtie Bruce will do provide info between periods? He does a lot of those. Not sure about the real info part though.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
God - ette goal.

Stutzle is hounding the puck tonight. Would be nice to see him rewarded with a goal.

Ooops - wrong thread LOL.

Reactions: AchtzehnBaby

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
How far we've fallen that we now are hoping Pierre McGuire will become GM Asap...
I’ve hoped for it the day it was announced he was joining the Sens.

We already know what we have in Dorion, I’d honestly accept anyone else. Worse case scenario we have someone as bad as Dorion.

Reactions: Sicko

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

We already know what we have in Dorion, I’d honestly accept anyone else. Worse case scenario we have someone as bad as Dorion.

Ya, that's fair, I just mean that before PM was hired, nobody, or rather very few would have hoped for him to be our next GM. Only reason people seem to want him now is because he is anybody but Dorion.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown

Uh, worst case is we get Mike Milbury and we trade our young players and draft picks for mediocre veterans.

assen na yo

otown

Sep 4, 2009
If PM was still doing his 1200 morning hits, what would he really say about the Sens situation? I don't think he is silent behind closed doors. After all, Pierre knows everything!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00