Confirmed with Link: Pierre-Luc Dubois signs - 2 years, $10 mil ($3.5/$6.5)

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
I did not intend to imply my response was Major’s words...trying to fix, but I messed up in attempting to quote a portion of Major’s post. My apologies

Last edited:

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
Why would he buy a house in August if he wanted to leave CBJ? Torts had been his coach for three years, he had been in Columbus for three years, yet he still bought a house What new thing happened that caused him to want to uproot himself? Something of a personal nature? Nose put out of joint by negotiations?
Spitballing, but what if the trade of Anderson had something to do with it. Not the entrance of Domi, as some have speculated, but the loss of a good friend?
Or a girlfriend in MTL who won’t move to Columbus...especially w Covid raging.

Or any of a hundred other reasons. All are spitballing...and no matter how “likely” one reason may be over others, the only reason(s) that matters is the one/several in PLD’s head. He’s 22; he makes $5M+ per year. He can afford any lifestyle he wants. (well, almost). He wants what he wants - NOW. How is that any different than most younger generation today. So did my generation want that- the “EVERYTHING” NOW — we just weren’t allowed/strong enough/ fill in the blank...to say it back then. My generation was bought in to the “you have to wait your turn” mantra.
I don’t have to like it, but that’s changed in 2021. And Covid in some respects has accelerated that “live for today, not tomorrow” approach. I struggle with it, but it is real. Not just a PLD issue - it’s been a shift in societal norms that’s been going on for centuries, just accelerated with technology/communication advances and recent events. The 20-30 somethings have or will figure out how to manage that shift. It may not be that hard for them to do. This older poster will struggle with it—-I understand it in in many ways, but how do you assimilate that into a value structure that was formed 40-50 years ago? Not saying that value structure was right - in many respects career over family/self is not best. But it’s what was, at that time in my life.

Ok, enough pontificating. Hope the GF moves to Columbus soon :)

Last edited:
Reactions: SensontheRush

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
It has definitely crossed my mind. Not so much the "offensive reinforcement" but just team progress in general is likely to reverse if ownership isn't willing to lose money.

Was able to fix...sorry Major!

I don't think that quote means anything. Players have wanted out before and ended up spending years more with their club. Not saying that is likely, but the quote doesn't change anything.

I don’t think there’s any doubt ownership is losing money. Willing to lose “a lot more money” more likely. Which is true for almost every other franchise (except maybe TOR). Most good players coming off a contract are likely to be disappointed in their own contract offer and teams’ investment in other players. There will be exceptions (e.g. Anderson’s deal with Montreal) but I think that will be limited to a few franchises (MTL, TOR, large tv market teams). Weird times.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Spitballing, but what if the trade of Anderson had something to do with it. Not the entrance of Domi, as some have speculated, but the loss of a good friend?

Or, what if the trade of Anderson was a reaction to it? As in Jarmo already knew PLD wanted out and he decided to acquire another center to help prepare for PLD being gone.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Or a girlfriend in MTL who won’t move to Columbus...especially w Covid raging.

Or any of a hundred other reasons. All are spitballing...and no matter how “likely” one reason may be over others, the only reason(s) that matters is the one/several in PLD’s head. He’s 22; he makes $5M+ per year. He can afford any lifestyle he wants. (well, almost). He wants what he wants - NOW. How is that any different than most younger generation today. So did my generation want that- the “EVERYTHING” NOW — we just weren’t allowed/strong enough/ fill in the blank...to say it back then. My generation was bought in to the “you have to wait your turn” mantra.
I don’t have to like it, but that’s changed in 2021. And Covid in some respects has accelerated that “live for today, not tomorrow” approach. I struggle with it, but it is real. Not just a PLD issue - it’s been a shift in societal norms that’s been going on for centuries, just accelerated with technology/communication advances and recent events. The 20-30 somethings have or will figure out how to manage that shift. It may not be that hard for them to do. This older poster will struggle with it—-I understand it in in many ways, but how do you assimilate that into a value structure that was formed 40-50 years ago? Not saying that value structure was right - in many respects career over family/self is not best. But it’s what was, at that time in my life.

Ok, enough pontificating. Hope the GF moves to Columbus soon :)

His girlfriend lives in suburban Detroit, they were introduced by Werenski and his girlfriend. That's where PLD was for the New Years holiday when the alarmist headline "he's not in Columbus" was fed from Brisson.

PLD is super close with Bjorkstrand actually, and with Texier. Anderson was Seth Jones' best friend on the team, they were always together, sometimes with Boone and Harry.

Surperior niemi

Feb 2, 2019
Hey Guys, as a habs fan, was a fascinating read seeing what's going on over here. hope you can keep him he's clearly liked by the fanbase (if you still want him) and hopefully over the next two years he changes his mind.

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Hey Guys, as a habs fan, was a fascinating read seeing what's going on over here. hope you can keep him he's clearly liked by the fanbase if you still want him and hopefully over the next two years he changes his mind,
That's the hoped-for ideal. Well, for those of us who haven't already gotten pissed off at him for allowing this situation to exist at all, anyways. :) (I'm opting to (attempt to) reserve my anger for when he actually consummates the deal.)

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
My willingness to reserve judgement on PLD until such time as a trade actually happens has been based on the presumption that he doesn't kill motivation and camaraderie in the locker room, because that's what we've been leaning on to be competitive. Unfortunately, the team is looking as confused and depressed as I've been feeling about the situation.

If he continues to do this drifty shit... I don't know.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Where've you been! Always like reading what you have to say.

Appreciate it. We are creatures of habit and the schedule is all out-of-wack... lol

I'm looking over our off-season moves and the recent drama today. I hope to watch a couple of games soon and see where we are at. The whole division realignment was a surprise as well. On the surface I kind of like the little roster changes. With the world as it is, I haven't looked at what is going to happen to the cap in the future. Not sure if the NHL knows. I don't have enough information to even weigh in on PLD.

Heck I'm not even sure if there is limited capacity at games or if teams are even playing at home. Apparently I can buy season tickets but the CBJ doesn't know I can even go to a game, at least that is what I'm gathering from the website.

This is going to take a bit for me to catch up.

I hope everyone is doing well. I'm grateful that I'll get the change to watch some hockey here soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad