Confirmed with Link: Pierre-Luc Dubois signs - 2 years, $10 mil ($3.5/$6.5)

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Dubois for Laine and Roslovic would be the only way this would work for me.

But yeah, I wonder if Jarmo's hardball is coming back to bite us again.
That doesn’t make us better though. Roslovic isn’t more than a third line player, and Laine is one dimensional.

Dubois has shown (at times) he can carry a line on his own. Laine cannot.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Also feel free to have open season on Portzline now for peddling the “all sides point to him being in camp on time” bull shit if this holdout comes true. He painted a pretty picture and it looks like it’s the complete opposite.

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Well this sums up the year 2020 PLD doesnt want to resign. What the f*ck

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
That doesn’t make us better though. Roslovic isn’t more than a third line player, and Laine is one dimensional.

Dubois has shown (at times) he can carry a line on his own. Laine cannot.

Would be very hard to make a trade now regardless and going into the season without him makes us a bottom feeder.

Lets hope this was leaked to Lebrun as a way to move negotiations along but his agent doesn't really seem like that type.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Dubois has been skating in Columbus for several weeks now, so there will be no travel delay after he signs. It could all come together very quickly.

so Portzline was off or Dubois left town and didn’t tell anyone?

Reactions: cslebn

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Really sucks to see Dubois wanting out, certainly know what that feels like as a Sens fan.

Question for you guys though - if this report is accurate and there’s no way to keep him.

Would you rather trade him 1:1 for another star in a similar situation (ie. Laine), or for a bigger package of top prospects and picks?

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Really sucks to see Dubois wanting out, certainly know what that feels like as a Sens fan.

Question for you guys though - if this report is accurate and there’s no way to keep him.

Would you rather trade him 1:1 for another star in a similar situation (ie. Laine), or for a bigger package of top prospects and picks?

As mentioned above, I like a Laine/Roslovic package

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH

Agree on both points.

Cleary the negotiations are at in impasse and I'm sure on the advice of his agent Dubois packed his bags and left town.

I understand RFA leverage and on the surface this hardball negotiation strategy with your cornerstone players is toxic -- but hard to know who is being unreasonable without the numbers.

Guess we'll see if this "need a change of scenery" tactic by the Dubois group lights any kind of fire with Jarmo. I personally think it will do the opposite and cause Jarmo to dig in even further.

One thing is for sure is the optics of this are shit once again for the Jackets -- i.e. yet another blue chip player wants to leave town.

Reactions: DJAnimosity

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
I was hoping we could have a training camp without drama but 2020 strikes again. Hopefully he signs tomorrow when we put this crappy year behind us.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
from PLD's perspective, what's the point of leaving town?
Ramps up the pressure. Gets the fan base riled up against management as we see on the board the last few hours. If he's skating in Columbus, it looks likely that he'll sign as alluded to in the recent Porty article.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Sounds like Jarmo f***ed something up in the past 24 hours if he was here for weeks then packed his bags on New Year's Eve Eve and skipped town.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

Wow, you would be disappointed. That's a weak bottom six F and a floating mercurial sniper that didn't even shoot that well last year, not fun to watch. In terms of play-driving ability Columbus drops off the map with that trade.

Please tell me more about how this hard line approach is normal and we don’t spoil relationships with our players. Such a f***ing joke.

Hard to say without knowing the details. Jarmo could have a $7.5m x 8 offer waiting for him and Brisson is putting out rumors to try and extort another $250k. Contentious stuff in the media is not necessarily a sign that Jarmo is playing hardball. If he is, I would be equally p***ed off at Jarmo. He has done that in the past, but this is his only #1C, doesn't seem like a reasonable situation to play hardball.

so Portzline was off or Dubois left town and didn’t tell anyone?

He was just in Columbus. Actually the detail of Dubois being "out of town" is encouraging because that almost certainly means the whole rumor, including the bit about maybe wanting a trade, is cooked up as a pressure tactic from Brisson. You wouldn't see those two bits being first reported at the same time unless it was coming from him.

1:1 for a player that is actually as good as him (i.e. better than Laine). Barzal would do.

But no, "really sucks to see Dubois wanting out" is just way too premature. This is a rumor being deliberately spread by Brisson at the 11th hour of a long negotiation, where they are probably not too far apart.

Reactions: Viqsi

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

Dubois doesn’t want out. This is a negotiation tactic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad