Pierre Dorion on the chopping block?

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
The biggest cringeworthy reaction was the Leafs after scoring in OT.

You'd think they won the Cup with that group hug!

Reactions: Sens9292

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
With hindsight being 20/20, dorion has been pretty hamstrung and given an extremely difficult task. In terms of the job hes done so far in rebulding a team that had mandated to ship out essentially all of its talent- ill give it to him, it hasnt been the worst. With his budgetary constraints and meddling ownership factored, the current path to the future doesnt look too bleak. The entire core is under 25 and already has 3 young players that 30 other teams would love to have.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!

That does not look like the reaction of a GM interested in another top draft pick this year.

Because Chabot, after being played for 62 minutes in the game caused a turnover leading to a chump scoring against us and losing.

Regardless of “draft pick intentions” you can still be annoyed to lose.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
If he were complacent about losing, then that's when they should fire him.

I think Dorion's saved himself because the Senators are looking a lot better and he backed into a big win in the Karlsson trade. Also, keeping Brady Tkachuk instead of giving up that pick is looking like a good decision in the aftermath of his terrible trade. Plus, he's navigated through an unprecedented amount of owner meddling without losing his mind in public

Asquaredx2

Mar 10, 2008
This is the only rational post in this thread.

5 points out of 6 in the last three games?

Back to back vs. desperate rested Leafs team?

No need to read any further into it.

Still funny and memeworthy.

I agree with all of this.

I'd also very much like to have a new GM.

Reactions: NyQuil

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Send could do worse. Their strong scouting means they keep finding talent even after they ship everyone out again and again

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
melnyk watered down the drinks again.... trying to save a buck...... Funnelled Polish Prince Vodka into the empty Bottles of Grey Goose Vodka in the private suite s again!

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
melnyk watered down the drinks again.... trying to save a buck...... Funnelled Polish Prince Vodka into the empty Bottles of Grey Goose Vodka in the private suite s again!

Melynk thinks he can water down the Drinks in the Private Boxes ....... just as he has watered down the NHL product on the ice for years....

The Zamboni is still “GOOD on ICE”

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Lol now PD has his own Gif.....Nothing wrong with him being pissed about losing...This team isnt as bad as its record, all it took was nhl goaltending....

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Why would he be on the chopping block? Like, Dennis Green sums this up pretty well...

tenor.gif

You kind of need to have expectations of being good prior to being on the hot seat for being bad. The sens are doing whats expected, no reason to fire the guy.

Hes likely just mad because his best player threw the game away with an idiotic unforced turnover.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Why is he this mad losing to a team, that they should be losing to? If this was Dubas after Toronto lost to Ottawa, then it makes sense!

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
Nothing but an exaggerated reaction as a last ditch effort to show passion from someone who knows they've already lost. See: M.Tkachuk v. Muzzin or me punching a hole in my bedroom door because my mom took my PS2 away for skipping class.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad