Pierre Dorion on the chopping block?

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
I actually think he’s done a great job rebuilding the Sens so far considering the restraints I’m sure he has from ownership.

He literally had the hardest job of any GM over the last 3 seasons, and while the boat nearly capsized a few times - he navigated this team through some turbulent waters and kept it afloat.

Even on HFSens he will never get proper credit for setting this team up incredibly well for the future. And if he does get removed at some point, he will have to be given the nod as the guy who built this team more than any one person. Imo anyways.

It will be even more evident over the next 2-3 seasons when we see good impact NHLers like Formenton, Pinto, Sanderson, and JBD emerge. Like taking Tkachuk over the HFboard pre-draft darling Zadina, these were all very shrewd and not immediately obvious picks to the casual draft "experts" of HF. But Im fairly sure Dorion will get the last laugh.

Like him or hate him, if you add those players and another high pick this year to the existing core of Chabot, Tkachuk, Stutzle, Batherson, Zub, White - and the acquisitions of young players like Norris amd Brannstrom - its kind of hard to deny that at very least Dorion has done a wonderful job reinventing the team post Erik Karlsson.

That was an impossibly hard thing to imagine 3 years ago. And while I wont deny that PD may not be the right guy to take us to the next level. I do think that hes done a great job by not saddling the team with bad long term contracts, and took the bullet necessary to trade away diminishing star players from a fan base that adored them.

Take away Melnyk from the equation, and the Sens are a dream team situation for any new potential GM walking into the job. That means PD has done well imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: JetsUK

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad