Pick up ice hockey -Saturday Nights- Superior Ice Rink in Kings Park Long Island

noupf

Jan 31, 2007
bump.....its saturday, come play some pick up ice hockey at superior ice rink in kings park. You dont have to be a good to come play. Ckeck out the original post for details if you have questions

1130pm-130am, $20, we always have goalies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noupf

Jan 31, 2007
its Saturday night, come play some ice hockey.
Turn outs have been good lately.

We always have 2 or 3 goalies every night

$20 per skater, show up around 1130 and skate till about 130am.
Superior ice rink; Kings Park Long Island

Its a good night of fun pick up ice hockey.

Goalies are usually always full when we play, there's 3 or 4 guys who always show up or talk between each other to make sure we have 2 goalies, sometimes 3. If you ever want to play, bring gear for both positions and see who shows up.

noupf

Jan 31, 2007
Bump.......come play some ice hockey tonight. Turn outs have been a little thin. We always have goalies !!!!!

$20 per skater, show up around 1130 and skate till about 130am.
Superior ice rink; Kings Park Long Island

Its a good night of fun pick up ice hockey.

Goalies are usually always full when we play, there's 3 or 4 guys who always show up or talk between each other to make sure we have 2 goalies, sometimes 3. If you ever want to play, bring gear for both positions and see who shows up.

Last edited:

noupf

Jan 31, 2007
HOCKEY IS BACK !!!!! We are skating again at Superior Ice Rink - Kings Park LI. Saturday nights 11:30pm for organized pick up hockey. Show up by 11pm to get dressed.

$25 per skater for a solid hour and a half of hockey. We have 2+ goalies 99% of the time. All skill levels welcome to come down and skate.

noupf

Jan 31, 2007
Bumping the thread. Looking to get some more skaters down to our Saturday Ice Hockey pick up games at Superior Ice Rink in Kings Park LI. We play every Saturday night.

We always have 2+ goalies, but we are getting thin on skaters as of late.

Game starts around 1145pm and goes till 1am. Show up around 1130pm to get dressed.

Friendly pick up game environment. We have a good core of 8-10 guys and could use a few more. All skill levels welcome

$25 per skater and proper gear required. helmets must have cage or shield.

Any questions just let me know.

Last edited:

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
God, this is one thing I’m excited about moving to washington for. When I lived in Spokane there was pickup almost every day at one of three rinks within 20 minutes of me and it was $6-15 to play.

I’ve been living in Texas where it’s at least 40 minutes to get to a rink. I need a few stick and pucks - or more likely, just a lot of cardio - before I’m ready to play again. Hate that it’s been so long.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
God, this is one thing I’m excited about moving to washington for. When I lived in Spokane there was pickup almost every day at one of three rinks within 20 minutes of me and it was $6-15 to play.

I’ve been living in Texas where it’s at least 40 minutes to get to a rink. I need a few stick and pucks - or more likely, just a lot of cardio - before I’m ready to play again. Hate that it’s been so long.

Where in Washington are you moving to?

mattgcs

Jun 2, 2022
Recently moved to the area close by to the rink, I've been looking to get on the ice at Superior and came across this thread. Are the saturday night games still happening? Thanks!

Bumping the thread. Looking to get some more skaters down to our Saturday Ice Hockey pick up games at Superior Ice Rink in Kings Park LI. We play every Saturday night.

We always have 2+ goalies, but we are getting thin on skaters as of late.

Game starts around 1130pm and goes till 1am. Show up around 11pm to get dressed.

Friendly pick up game environment. We have a good core of 8-10 guys and could use a few more. All skill levels welcome

$25 per skater and proper gear required. helmets must have cage or shield.

Any questions just let me know.

noupf

Jan 31, 2007
Recently moved to the area close by to the rink, I've been looking to get on the ice at Superior and came across this thread. Are the saturday night games still happening? Thanks!

They are still going on. I've been out it for a couple months due to some aches and pains i need to take care of. They have gone over to a sort of invite only / text chain style skate bc the turn outs had gotten way out of hand with the return from covid. What i suggest is you stop down on a Saturday night around 11:15pm or so and ask for Steve. He's the guy who coordinates the Saturday night pick up games at superior. He's usually there by that time and he'll be able to let you know if there is room or not for that night. He's a super nice guy and most likely if you are just a single skater, he'll let you skate so long as its not packed. They try limit it to 22-24 skaters max. Its hit or miss and occasionally he's had to turn skaters away bc there were just too many. Either way, give him your phone number. He'll send out a text usually on Thursdays or Fridays asking whos coming and who isnt for that Saturday night.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I used to play there. Barbera Williams taught power skating there. I hope to drop in one day.

mattgcs

Jun 2, 2022
They are still going on. I've been out it for a couple months due to some aches and pains i need to take care of. They have gone over to a sort of invite only / text chain style skate bc the turn outs had gotten way out of hand with the return from covid. What i suggest is you stop down on a Saturday night around 11:15pm or so and ask for Steve. He's the guy who coordinates the Saturday night pick up games at superior. He's usually there by that time and he'll be able to let you know if there is room or not for that night. He's a super nice guy and most likely if you are just a single skater, he'll let you skate so long as its not packed. They try limit it to 22-24 skaters max. Its hit or miss and occasionally he's had to turn skaters away bc there were just too many. Either way, give him your phone number. He'll send out a text usually on Thursdays or Fridays asking whos coming and who isnt for that Saturday night.
thank you! really appreciate the reply and info. hope you’re back on the ice soon

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I’m looking for a skate as well now that I’m back on LI. Wouldn’t mind coordinating something on here.

jratelle19

Jul 3, 2004
New York
I’m looking for a skate as well now that I’m back on LI. Wouldn’t mind coordinating something on here.
I'm an older rink rat that plays at Cantiague on Fridays with a group called "Old Pucks" from September through May. I usually play summer intramurals at Bethpage but they haven't had that the last couple of summers. They are doing it at Hauppauge but too far a drive for me (Lynbrook) to commit to once a week. I'm looking for some pick-up games in the summer but it really should be with a group of 40 y.o. and older. If you know of anything like that, please let me know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad